58 SubHatch

john jones

58 SubHatch

Postby john jones » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Another sub hatch!!!! Three of these here at the moment... :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ Lots of campers being built lately... Lots... I think people are seeing how freakin fuckin awesome Campers are to own.. The freedom and comfort a camper bus gives a person is unreal... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> And once you start sleeping in your bus.. having your shit around all the time... it's like an apartment on wheels =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Going to start taking it apart an stripping and get on a dolly!!!!!!

worst thing looks to be that dogleg... and whats with all them holes in the back.. i forgot to get pictures of the roof... I think this thing may have had a stove in the back or some shit?

Fortress has been secured.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
No new dirty shop projects. [-X [-X [-X don't even ask... [-( [-( [-( [-(

vwfool

Re: 58 SubHatch

Postby vwfool » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:06 pm

Damn. Looks nice. But then again so did Parker's until you tore into it.

All this camper stuff has me wanting to shelve the mini bus and start digging into my high roof limo camper bus.

kevinb

Postby kevinb » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:40 pm

john jones wrote:Another sub hatch!!!! Three of these here at the moment... :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ Lots of campers being built lately... Lots... I think people are seeing how freakin fuckin awesome Campers are to own.. The freedom and comfort a camper bus gives a person is unreal... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> And once you start sleeping in your bus.. having your shit around all the time... it's like an apartment on wheels =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Living full-time in a westfalia during my college years is what originally lit the vw fire for me....can't be without one now.

kevinb

Postby kevinb » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:57 pm

john jones wrote:and whats with all them holes in the back..

can't believe anyone would think those holes actually provided better access to anything.

john jones wrote:i forgot to get pictures of the roof... I think this thing may have had a stove in the back or some shit?

this bus came with a campingbox kit that had the propane fridge option.

Westy58fridge.jpg
Westy58fridge.jpg (26.27 KiB) Viewed 2968 times

the welded up hole in the roof was for the vent. this is what should be sticking up through the hole.

IMG_2529.jpg
IMG_2529.jpg (25.96 KiB) Viewed 2968 times

not so sure about that yet....

jb

Postby jb » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:05 pm

Don't tell me this one is yours too Kevin? :-# :-&

silas

Postby silas » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:02 am

john jones wrote:...And once you start sleeping in your bus.. having your shit around all the time... it's like an apartment on wheels...

word! someday [-o< Wink Smile

jb wrote:Don't tell me this one is yours too Kevin? :-# :-&

54, 56, 58...? 8-[

regardless...congrats to the owner and cool to see another sub hatch bus build at kcw!
Zündfolge Car Club

Stock Motor Challenge

Pat K

Postby Pat K » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:03 am

JJ started on stripping yesterday. I pulled everything apart on the inside. Put her up on stand and got a good start on the front end removal.
On a dolly and fully stripped today...

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:51 am

Yup.. This one is Kevin's also... :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ He likes busses... I like building them... It works.. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Stripping.. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> only been painted a couple times... =D> =D> =D> =D> Factory sealer and color down there!!! I am blown away at the interior... I'll have to take some pics.. but I think it is all ORIGINAL sealer in there... So I guess this would be hanover sealer.. :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k AND the brush painted interior looks to be all still there in the back.... So we can match our tan to that... and match that hanover sealer.. if it's any different than wolfsburg.. :-k :-k :-k :-k

This bus is clean clean clean... I've found some minor rust..very minor.. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Fortress has been secured.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
No new dirty shop projects. [-X [-X [-X don't even ask... [-( [-( [-( [-(

K Leake

Postby K Leake » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:06 am

Go Kevin \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Kevin

jb

Postby jb » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:07 am

Man is a westy PIMP! =D> Most of us can only dream of having the bankroll to fund 3 builds at once! #-o

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:08 am

3 Buses on Deck at KCW!!!! What else do you have hidden at home????? :-k :-k :-k Smile

kevinb

Postby kevinb » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:51 pm

jb wrote:Man is a westy PIMP! =D> Most of us can only dream of having the bankroll to fund 3 builds at once! #-o

I decided to bring the 58 because I thought it was buy 2 restorations get 1 free...apparently a misunderstanding on my part. [-( [-( But once JJ set me straight he offered me naming rights to the dirty shop...and I couldn't resist.

We are definitely "all in" on the Thursday Club

alykat

Postby alykat » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:53 pm

So the dirty shop will now be know as Kevins' Kloset ?
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

kevinb

Postby kevinb » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:58 pm

alykat wrote:So the dirty shop will now be know as Kevins' Kloset ?

I might just be calling it Home when I have to sell my house to pay the Thursday bills.

But all kidding aside...I told my wife don't worry at least we are restoring campers so we can move into them.

russ scott

Postby russ scott » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:26 pm

kevinb wrote:
alykat wrote:So the dirty shop will now be know as Kevins' Kloset ?

I might just be calling it Home when I have to sell my house to pay the Thursday bills.

But all kidding aside...I told my wife don't worry at least we are restoring campers so we can move into them.

I think it's killer you will end up with a fleet of these

Return to “KCW completed projects”