Parkers 67 21 window *DONE*

Left_coast*9

Re: Parkers 67 21 window *DONE*

Postby Left_coast*9 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:47 pm

rustabus wrote:You are doing one of the best jobs any past customer has ever done using their Bus!!!! You gotta tow SLOW, like 56, sometimes 43!!!! \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D>Gotta always remember that what you are towing always wants to steer and your Bus isn't really all that heavy!!! Smile

I think 2000 pounds is too heavy for any Split! :-k :-k

I second that last sentence! F that!

21views

Postby 21views » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Ok, I have finally gotten around to installing this tow hitch. Pictures will follow as I start welding and cutting this week. =D> =D> =D> I had a slight change of plans. got a bumper without overriders on it I plan on cutting hole for receiver also installing a 7 prong tow plug so i can put a brake assisted trailer. I think the teardrop trailer will weigh in at 1200# the electric brakes will just help assist in the down hills. anybody have any experience with adding electric brake controller to their rigs? any info would be great before I start towing this summer!!!! :-$ :-$ :-$

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:06 am

trailer brakes???? never had that on a bus.. but simple enough to wire up.. Wink Wink Wink Wink
if you keep going in circles.. Your never gonna get anywhere :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

alykat

Postby alykat » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Most common. Dash mounted controler...Black to Fused pos. lead. White to ground. Red to brake switch (also fused sometimes) Blue to trailer brakes. For a 7 pin... White is usually Ground on tow vehicle frame to ground on trailer frame. Red or Black from battery pos. to trailer for safety brake battery charger or interior lights. Dont Take this as gospel just general info. At plugin...Green & Yellow for right & left turn ( I forget which is which) and brake light and brown for tail lights.I'm guessing a simple google hook up directions will give you all you need though. And any controler should come with decent instructions.
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

21views

Postby 21views » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:04 pm

john jones wrote:trailer brakes???? never had that on a bus.. but simple enough to wire up.. Wink Wink Wink Wink
alykat wrote:Most common. Dash mounted controler...Black to Fused pos. lead. White to ground. Red to brake switch (also fused sometimes) Blue to trailer brakes. For a 7 pin... White is usually Ground on tow vehicle frame to ground on trailer frame. Red or Black from battery pos. to trailer for safety brake battery charger or interior lights. Dont Take this as gospel just general info. At plugin...Green & Yellow for right & left turn ( I forget which is which) and brake light and brown for tail lights.I'm guessing a simple google hook up directions will give you all you need though. And any controler should come with decent instructions.

thanks for the info \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Return to “KCW completed projects”