Pat/Dan's deluxe 9 seat bay

Critter1

Re: Pat's deluxe bay

Postby Critter1 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:09 pm

andym wrote:Nice job pat, you post up and buzz kill..3 post after you. Let's see what can we talk about. Bret owning this? Pat going to neckcar? Me getting called up to the big league? How about what ride hight and wheels of this bus? Time to figure this all out!

Andy, how can you go pick this bus up for Bret when its a one way trip for you? :-$ :-$ \:D/ =D>
Justin

Franz wrote:Fine, I'll fucking change it.

Pat K

Postby Pat K » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:00 pm

andym wrote:Nice job pat, you post up and buzz kill..3 post after you. Let's see what can we talk about. Bret owning this? Pat going to neckcar? Me getting called up to the big league? How about what ride hight and wheels of this bus? Time to figure this all out!

Bret.....yes..... =D> =D> =D> =D>

Neckcar.....LOL.....yes please..... Smile Smile Smile

Big league.....JJ is def. big league. Be prepared to work your ass off!!!!!

Ride hight.....what u want Bret?....im sure Andy can work it all out IF he heads back that way?????

Bret

Postby Bret » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:18 pm

Andy was at my place last night doing some measurements for the IRS subframe for his squareback and we were talking about the bay window and also about KCW. Fun chat.

Whenever this bay gets to CA, there's a good chance it will get hit with the lowering stick. I spoke with Russell over at Old Speed yesterday, so that might give you an idea.

Now I just gotta get it here. You got it out back together yet? I wanna see some better pictures soon - get on it! Wink Wink

andym

Postby andym » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:23 pm

As long as the bus doesn't have an intake leak it will be fine :-# :-# :-# :-#

Make a deal with jj and the clean shop.. You know it's at the lifted and lower bus capital right? One stop shop homie!
Andy In Modesto
"23 year olds don't know dick!!!" John Jones

Bret

Postby Bret » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:57 pm

andym wrote:As long as the bus doesn't have an intake leak it will be fine :-# :-# :-# :-#

Hardy har har. Lol. I had a feeling that might come up. [-X [-X ](*,) ](*,)

andym wrote:Make a deal with jj and the clean shop.. You know it's at the lifted and lower bus capital right? One stop shop homie!

It definitely is at bus central!

john jones

Postby john jones » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:43 am

it is funny how this thread has been ON FIRE this week... :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ Apparently people would rather talk about "life" stuff more than work... #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

There are some very logical choices out there.... I just gotta decide what I want to do.. :-k :-k :-k :-k

Brakes going on!!!!
Working on my fortress of solitude.... Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Pat K

Postby Pat K » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:45 pm

Been all over this rig the last couple days...Just about done... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:34 am

I see some pics to post.. and lots more in the gallery for your viewing pleasure... Should be the last time we update that gallery... I think I will move the thread too... Pats part is done.. Bret.. Your turn! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Working on my fortress of solitude.... Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:55 am

Did Pat find new drums? Or are they just turned? If new, where do you get them?
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

Pat K

Postby Pat K » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:14 am

^^^ just turned and painted

90% back together. Need to stick a windshield in and organize a few parts... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:38 am

OK. That's the same thing I did. They are borderline on size now. Have to go with disks next brake job. Can't believe nobody makes late model front drums. ](*,) ](*,)
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

Franz

Postby Franz » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:05 am

Original drums are the best. The repop stuff is soft.

Looking good Pat.

Bret is thinking slammed?? Wide 5? Subaru?

Bret

Postby Bret » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:59 am

Franz wrote:Bret is thinking slammed?? Wide 5?

I think bay windows look best with a decent drop. I am not thinking super slammed, as I still wanna be able to drive it, but it will be closer to the ground.

I like the thought of wide 5 options to keep costs down (front disc with stock rear drums), but with the light blue color, there are not a lot of wide 5 wheels that I like. I saw someone post a picture of some detailed speedmaster wheels on a bus, which I thought looked pretty neat.
But other than that, the only other thing I think would look good would be some sort of 5 spokes/torkers with charcoal centers.

But the more I look at em, the more I think Fuch's are the way to go. Typical KCW tire combo of 175/55 fronts and 205/65's out back.

Franz wrote:Subaru?

I know Andy would like to put a subaru in this thing. But I am kinda lucky, I have a spare 2176cc stroker with zero miles sitting on the floor in my garage from that yellow bug I flipped in my bug build thread. It just needs a slight reconfigure and it would be perfect for the bus. Being that I am $0 into that motor, it seems like a no brainer.

Pat K

Postby Pat K » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:42 am

Fuchs, Fuchs, Fuchs..... =D> =D> =D>

Franz

Postby Franz » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:49 am

Bret, I'd go up to 185/60 and 205/70 yokos. Bay has huge wheel wells. See how dirt nasty low the yellow one is on the 175/55.

It would be really easy to blast and paint the OG 14" wheels, and wrap them with 27 x 8.5 general grabbers. Smile Keep it stock height. Bleed the brakes and bolt your engine in. Smile :-#

Shit, we could do that in a couple days here and you could drive it home :-#

Return to “KCW completed projects”