Pat/Dan's deluxe 9 seat bay

Bret

Re: Pat's deluxe bay

Postby Bret » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:01 pm

andym wrote:
john jones wrote:I think Pat has probably LOST his marbles... :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ He suggested I hire you and start doing bay window subi conversions... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

I'm not hiring anyone right now.. I'm gonna sit tight.. The right person usually finds me.. :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$

:-s :-s :-s

Andy just shows up at KCW with all his stuff. Wink

Clatter

Postby Clatter » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:24 pm

The temptation to just shit-can it all and do just that is SO huge...!

Some would want to join the French Foreign Legion,
Some to be a surf or ski bum..
One friend of mine lives in Nicaragua and runs a coffee plantation now.

To ditch these mortgages and kids' private school, and rental properties and....
If you don't get your project done in a "reasonable" amount of time.. You risk having an "dated" rig.. -John Jones

Pat K

Postby Pat K » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:50 am

Thank you all for the positive responses. Feeling the love..... Smile Smile Smile Smile

Need to finish up breaks and put the rest of this rig back together. Will be happening over the next few days... :-" :-"

K Leake

Postby K Leake » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:17 am

Knock it out Pat \:D/
Kevin

Matt Faulkner

Postby Matt Faulkner » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:17 am

john jones wrote:I guess I better not let any more of my guys stay at Matt's house!!!!!!!!!!!! #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

You should come stay at my house John! Smile Smile Smile
KCW Internship Graduate #1

john jones

Postby john jones » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:35 am

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X No thanks Matt... I would like to dream that I could just work for myself for the rest of my life... Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile I will not be drug, pushed, or talked into a nascar job.... :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Working on my fortress of solitude.... Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

john jones

Postby john jones » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:51 am

there's probably a hand full of guys that would work out for the dirty shop... And I'm not as hard to work with as it may appear... [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( Imagine the emails I would get if I put an ad up on samba looking for someone to work at KCW and I feel like I pay Damn good too.. The benifits are huge, but require more effort for them to be a benifit.. Like building your own shit and selling it... =D> =D> =D> =D>

But I dunno... Historically, Most guys only last about 3 years in here.... :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ Not too terribly long after I get em dialed in something happens.... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Like they get a better job offer, :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# Can't blame em... and change is good.. Depends on how you seize it!!!!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

PS: I kinda like that we are talking about this stuff in this thread.. it's a little bit incogneato! :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ unless you know, you won't know! Wink
Working on my fortress of solitude.... Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

alykat

Postby alykat » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:26 am

I don't think your shop is much different than a normal shop. When I was managing a shop a long time ago, I found while talking to other shop managers and owners there seemed to be a common theme. There were always a limited number of folks who were pretty much permanent, but a routine turn over of staff was normal. Body guys about 3 to 5 years, and paint guys either 2 to 3 years or 5 to 8 years. But it did seem to always be a turn over of some kind. In your shop, it just seems that the over all abilities of everyone are at a much higher level.
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

68vwnut

Postby 68vwnut » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:49 am

it's how almost every body man or painter works you only have shelf life of so long. Usually in a production shop the shop will have hills and valleys super busy then slow once it gets a little slow the workers start looking as they get nervous. Every shop I have ever worked at has people coming and going. Usually a guy will work at every shop in town at some point. It's not always greener on the other side it's just green.

andym

Postby andym » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:33 pm

John when you come drop mikes bus off in San Jose, we should meet up.
Andy In Modesto
"one shot, one opportunity, are you gonna capture it?"

Pat K

Postby Pat K » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:45 pm

I finally figured out how not to kill a thread...just had to quit.. :-# :-# :-# Wink Wink Wink Wink

K Leake

Postby K Leake » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:15 pm

I think I have the thread killing thing down. O:)
Kevin

Matt Faulkner

Postby Matt Faulkner » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:47 pm

john jones wrote:[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X No thanks Matt... I would like to dream that I could just work for myself for the rest of my life... Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile I will not be drug, pushed, or talked into a nascar job.... :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Lol well you know me...straight up manipulator! Yeah better stay away...haha \:D/
KCW Internship Graduate #1

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:41 pm

Maybe KCW should just build NASCAR racers instead of Dubs!!!! :^o :^o Wink Wink Smile

andym

Postby andym » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:04 pm

Nice job pat, you post up and buzz kill..3 post after you. Let's see what can we talk about. Bret owning this? Pat going to neckcar? Me getting called up to the big league? How about what ride hight and wheels of this bus? Time to figure this all out!
Andy In Modesto
"one shot, one opportunity, are you gonna capture it?"

Return to “KCW completed projects”