Nancy's 56 Kombi

john jones

Re: Nancy's 56 Kombi

Postby john jones » Wed May 27, 2015 1:28 pm

last time on the lift..
if you keep going in circles.. Your never gonna get anywhere :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

cookiemonster131

Postby cookiemonster131 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:18 pm

when did the pinstripe get done? Bus turned out awesome
"With all of those VW's in the parking lot i thought it was a Unitarian Church" Hank Hill

john jones

Postby john jones » Fri May 29, 2015 6:59 am

Nancy and Kurt left yesterday morning about 8am..... I haven't heard a word.. So I am hooping no news, is GOOD news!!! [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
if you keep going in circles.. Your never gonna get anywhere :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

john jones

Postby john jones » Fri May 29, 2015 7:07 am

Last seen on Kimball ave

Franz

Postby Franz » Fri May 29, 2015 7:26 am

cookiemonster131 wrote:when did the pinstripe get done? Bus turned out awesome

I used a beugler with a magnetic strip. Made me look like an ace.

Gretchen Jones

Postby Gretchen Jones » Fri May 29, 2015 12:24 pm

It was sooooo great to meet Nancy and Kurt!!! Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

john jones

Postby john jones » Sat May 30, 2015 4:55 am

No post yet!!!!!!!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I'll give a little update..... I talked to Nancy yesterday... She said they were about 5 miles from home... Shit was rolling hard and she was smiling ear to ear!!!!! Sounds like no big problems and the bus is a road warrior!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Suboval

Postby Suboval » Sat May 30, 2015 12:44 pm

Driving Ms. Nancy in the Uber Kombi
What do you do when you first pick up your ride form KCW? You take it on a five state and 800 mile trip visiting family along the way! That’s what you do! 
We arrived at about noon on Wednesday. We were met by the John in his 67 pop top and the rest of the KCW gang - Pat (dirty shop), Pat (clean shop) and Franz. Don also drove out to meet us in his bus. He took some pictures and video. You can see them in the Gallery. THANK YOU Don! http://www.kustomcoachwerks.com/gallery ... i?page=109
John drove Nancy and me in his bus, so that we could see Nancy’s bus in action on the road. We had never ridden in a bus before, so I was a little freaked out about how close John was stopping to the other cars! But, since you are sitting above the wheels and there isn’t four more feet of car in front of you, it took a little getting used to. LOL!
When we arrived at KCW, they put the bus up on the rack so we could see the underside. It was CLEAN! Then we talked to both Pats and Franz about this and that on the bus. All of the care they had put into it and the special attention they each had put into it. The wiring changes Pat had done to make it more user friendly. The modifications that Franz had done to make it ALL fit together. The ingenious way Pat had used the drywall stilts to do the roof. LOL! Still love that picture!  And ALL of the other details that were taken care of by the KCW crew. They were all very friendly and proud of their work – as they should be!
This was our first time driving a VW bus and we had a BLAST! We took it for a ride around Grand Junction to get to know the bus. We were met with nothing but smiles and questions. My right knee still hurts from hitting the steering column so much! LOL! Nancy had fun trying to figure out how to get in and out of the bus. LOL! Good times! By the end of the trip she was jumping in and out of the bus like a kangaroo. The next morning, John picked us up at the hotel. We picked up Nancy’s kombi and took off!!! It was 0800 and we were on our way! WOOHOO! ROAD TRIP! We were like to two kids in a toy store! Nancy and I kept admiring the bus as we were driving it.
We encountered some rain on our way to our first stop - Green River, UT. Also, if you don’t know about travelmath.com – look it up. It is GREAT for distances to know where the next gas station is! The 72 Bay Window tank only holds 10 gallons!
Then on down the road. Getting plenty of peace signs, thumbs up and waves where ever we went! LOL!
Here are some pictures of the road trip.

And here it is tucked in next to his little brother.

P.S. It is true! Deck lid hatches do bite. LOL!

john jones

Postby john jones » Sat May 30, 2015 1:15 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

alykat

Postby alykat » Sat May 30, 2015 4:20 pm

Doing exactly what buses are ment to do ! Good for you folks for stepping out and cruising it ! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D> =D>
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

Gretchen Jones

Postby Gretchen Jones » Sat May 30, 2015 4:23 pm

AWESOME PLAY BY PLAY!!!!!!!!!!

Left_coast*9

Postby Left_coast*9 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:56 pm

Very cool you guys, congratulations and thanks for sharin! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Smile

vwfool

Postby vwfool » Sun May 31, 2015 8:15 am

Very well done by all involved including the person paying the bill.

Finally, a customer that John is taller than!
=D>

RSP3

Postby RSP3 » Sun May 31, 2015 3:11 pm

"Don" is Ron/RSP3 or "Papa bear" and your welcome! Glad you like the bus and pics, glad to be a small part of such a great day for the two of you.
67 Riviera Camper "Road Warrior" 2165cc, 70 Fargo fun buggy 1914cc

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:40 am

vwfool wrote:Very well done by all involved including the person paying the bill.

Finally, a customer that John is taller than!
=D>

I guess I am just in between short and midget!!!! #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Return to “KCW completed projects”