Jons 67 double cab project..

Buck67

Jons 67 double cab project..

Postby Buck67 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Alright a little history on my dbl cab, Found it on craigslist about 2 years ago in Arkansas. At first it was going to a simple project and just get it driving and enjoy on a budget.. after getting it shipped, only seeing it via pictures on emails back and forth with the owner it needed more work than expected. With this being my first car project EVER, it has turned into a long project. Its time to kick it up and get this truck back on the road. I recently took a new job witch has taken me away from my wife, new son, and my truck, but I go home nearly ever weekend and this building off is my motivation to work hard. I am having issues getting photos to load and can not find the forum with notes on how to do it...can somebody please help me out. Once i get pictures loaded i will update what i have slowwwwly done.

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:45 am

Go to photobucket, start an account, then upload your pictures from your computer. After they are uploaded, some code will appear under each picture. Copy the code that begins and ends with IMG, then paste that code into your forum reply here.

IfItAintSplitItAintShit

Postby IfItAintSplitItAintShit » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:56 pm

*** How To Upload A Picture To The KCW Forum Using Photobucket ***

Go To The Photobucket Website

Make An Account With A Username & Password

Sign-In To The Website Using Your Details

Either Click On The Green "Albums" Button At The Top Of The Photobucket Website Which Will Then Take You To YOUR Album

OR

Click On The Main Photobucket Website First Page Where It Has The "Green" Upload Button

Click On The "Green" Select Photos And Videos Button

Find The Pictures On Your PC That You Want To Upload To Your Account Folder

KEEPING The Ctrl Button On Your Keyboard Pressed At ALL Times (Until All Photo's Are Selected & Highlighted) Click ONCE ONLY On EACH Photo You Want To Upload With The LEFT-MOUSE-BUTTON

Click On The "Open" Button

Photobucket Will Now Upload ALL The Photo's You Selected & Highlighted To Your Album

Photobucket Should Now Display The Contents Of Your Album

To THEN Select A Photo To Post To The KCW Forum From Your Newly Upload Photobucket Album

Click ONCE ONLY With The LEFT-HAND Mouse Button On The Photo You Want To Upload To The KCW Wesbite - This Will Bring The Photo Up In A Large Viewing Scale

On That SAME Page Look Over To The Right-Hand-Side And There Will Be A Small "White" Window

There You Will See The Last Option To Be "IMG Code"

CLICK ONCE ONLY With the LEFT-HAND Mouse Button On That Window And You Should See The Window Select OR Highlight The Text In There Momentarily

GO BACK TO YOUR WRITTEN POST THAT YOU ARE WRITING FOR THE KCW WEBSITE

Click RIGHT-MOUSE-BUTTON ONCE ONLY A Menu Will Appear About 4 or 5th Option Down You Will See The Words "Paste"

CLICK ONCE ONLY On The Window Where You Are Writing Your KCW Post
With the LEFT-MOUSE-BUTTON And The "Image Code" (IMG Code) For Your Picture In Your Album On The Photobucket Website Will Be Posted In Your KCW Post And The KCW Website Will Actually Show Your

PICTURE ! \:D/

(Not ! Just The IMG Code) As Before

For All To See ! =D>
If It Ain't Split ... It Ain't Shit ...

Life's Too Short ... Without VW's ...

Wee Andy In "Bonnie Scotland"

Buck67

test

Postby Buck67 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:16 pm

Buck67

Postby Buck67 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:26 pm

the day i got it

I have been slowly removing the rust and this is where i am at.
I need to know what the pillar is called in right behind the cab at the rocker support. C pillar?
Ordered 67' corners and Garsen send these, i think they are 65 or earlier!? Need to know for ordering the battery tray.. anybody?
Also the inner rocker on a truck, can it be 1 full length piece or do i need to order multiple pieces.

I build my rack from different ones i have seen online, they are not perfect but they do the job.

Thanks for the picture loading help!

IfItAintSplitItAintShit

Postby IfItAintSplitItAintShit » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:46 pm

Quote [ ... Thanks for the picture loading help! ...]

Hey "Buck" (is that your REAL name ?) ..

NO WORRIES DUDE ! on the Picture Uploading-Thing ...Glad I could help out.. There are a few others who have been on the list longer than me, who have written "Shorty's" on how it's done also... Someone else on the list only a few days ago needed the very same help, so I decided over the weekend to try & do a detailed "Step-By-Step-How-To" ...

... And It "Seem's" To Have Done The Trick & Helped a couple of folks ... so that can only be a good thing... ? Who Knows, in time perhaps my instructions will become the "Definitive Guide" on how it's done on this website (Ha ! IF ONLY eh ..) :-k =P~ :-$ Smile \:D/

Your Double Cab is - A.W.E.S.O.M.E Man !

Just the kinda project I LOVE to see on here, something that is in need of a Total Resto' ... but with "Life & Wife Limitations" and "Builder's Know-How" might NOT get that kinda treatment ... But all the same it WILL be REAL interesting for myself & everyone else watching over the coming Days-Weeks-Months-YEARS (even) .... to see how you progress...

The " Secret " here is - POST PICTURES !!!!!!!! =D> [-o< \:D/

Now that you know how to do that ... There is NO EXCUSE ! My Friend...

We're ALL " Rootin' " for ya faw'sure .... Remember " ... NO QUESTION ... IS ... A ... STUPID QUESTION ..." NO MATTER how B.I.G. or small you may think it is.. go right ahead & ask, there are PLENTY folks on here with Millenium's of experience between them, so someone will know ...

And Of Course there is always " JJ, Franz & Co " @ The KCW Crew Shop if you need further professional input, there contact details are on the website and I KNOW they WILL be only too happy to help you where they can...

So !

Get Right On It Dude ! \:D/

Keep On Keepin' (as they say)
If It Ain't Split ... It Ain't Shit ...

Life's Too Short ... Without VW's ...

Wee Andy In "Bonnie Scotland"

Buck67

Postby Buck67 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:17 pm

looking to order some funky green metal.. Who has the best instock selection? I have most of my replacement parts but need a few more. Anybody has suggestions so i don't have to wait 2 months?

61ragtop

Postby 61ragtop » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:34 pm

Might want to try Ronnie @ bustoration, he is on this site. He seems to have some funky green metal in stock . I think KCW orders some from him also
61 Rag top Beetle
70 Baywindow
73 Standard Beetle

smittys66dlux

Postby smittys66dlux » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:03 pm

Contact Marshall @ Vintage Fab Works in Dothan, Alabama. He is on the samba as well. He has quite a bit of stock and was able to get me what I needed, that he didn't have, from Gerson really fast.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... id=1365158
It's not going to finish itself!

Buck67

Postby Buck67 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:26 pm

thanks guys...I have been on bustorations website and they didnt have the parts i need, but i will give him a call tomorrow you never know.

Franz

Postby Franz » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:52 am

Looks good dude. It will be a nice solid truck when done. You should be able to install the entire inner rocker in one piece.

Looks like you have earlier corners too. You should get/make the right corners.

dcguy

Postby dcguy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:20 am

Very nice DC! :) I would go with Autocraft for parts that are available for your DC. They are the absolute best panels available and easily trump Gersons' stuff. But Gerson's has a bigger selection available.
jp

carpe diem, one day, one life, no more.

squareonair

Postby squareonair » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:46 am

did you buy this from a car sales man in arkansas?
patrick

Buck67

Postby Buck67 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:02 pm

I think he might be....Do you know any history on the bus? Hope its not bad!

Getriebekiller

Postby Getriebekiller » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:03 pm

The Funky Green parts have also a very good quality. I have assimilated both, FG and Autocraft, and will buy both again with having pleasure.

FG has a lot of this special DC and SC parts. When i saw their stand at a motorshow, i thought you can build a compleat new split van by their parts... You can see the parts at their homepage: http://www.klassicfab.com/index.php/products?page=shop.browse&category_id=36

But its always the same, first looking like an easy projekt Wink i had that problem about 4 times :-s But it looks like you`re on the right way... And my DC projekt was also the first real restaration project after some motorcycles and keeping some second hand cars alive... I will follow your tread interested!

Return to “KCW completed projects”