The Canadian Royal Mail bus! *For Sale*

alykat

Re: The Canadian Royal Mail bus! *For Sale*

Postby alykat » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:07 am

I think BJ has gone to all no reserve sales. Very easy to get royaly screwed if that is so. Even if there is a reserve option, if the bidding comes up short they are all over you to lift it so they can can get their hose percentage over and above all the fees already paid. Ask Larry at Americar in Delta how well that stuff works out. He lost his ass on a really nice car.
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

Bret

Postby Bret » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:48 am

I have to agree with the above post. I watch those auctions at times and see the cars that are "no reserve" and watch some people just take a bath on some really nice cars. At times it makes you want to go to some of those auctions to watch for cars that nobody bids on and are severly undervalued and just buy those to resell. Have a dentist that does that a couple times a year. Buys random vintage cars at Barrett Jackson that were a flop at No Reserve, drives them for a few months and then sells them. Has built quite the collection with the profits that he has made from lucky buys.

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:23 am

I'm just gonna hang on to it for now... Maybe take it to some key shows..

Sammy and Audrey!
:-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

Critter1

Postby Critter1 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:45 am

Looking good guys! Turn the page and see my notch got in there too! Smile
Justin

Franz wrote:Fine, I'll fucking change it.

john jones

Postby john jones » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:30 am

still here... still badd ass... still new!!!! Still forsale... and about time to start putting it out there again.. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

jb

Postby jb » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:08 am

Get that Betty gone and be a free man =D>

john jones

Postby john jones » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:19 am

I'm soooooooo on the fence on how to sell it..... no one says auction.. [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

I want the damn floor space!!!! and the cash.. :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ I think being inpatient would be a dumb move in selling this bus.. it may take a while.... but someone will appreciate and be willing to pay for the awesome history and detail that sits inside this beauty!

alykat

Postby alykat » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:31 am

It seems to me there is a Craigslist type site in Canada ? I just can't recall the name. Possibly get it in front of the proper buyers ?
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:40 am

I still think the Canadian Postal Service would be a good place to start. Can't hurt to ask. They have to have a customer service department to call and start with some questions. Wink
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

jb

Postby jb » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:53 am

Craigslist sucks! All you get is a bunch of scammers! Royal Mail museum or Canada post would be my bet! Want me to make some calls? Wink

tlambert

Postby tlambert » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:50 pm

BBWB wrote:I still think the Canadian Postal Service would be a good place to start. Can't hurt to ask. They have to have a customer service department to call and start with some questions. Wink

jb wrote:Craigslist sucks! All you get is a bunch of scammers! Royal Mail museum or Canada post would be my bet! Want me to make some calls? Wink

Sounds like the best place to start to sell it quick. =D>

Only thing is it may not be enjoyed as it might by an individual driving it.
Tim

john jones wrote:Sanding sucks balls, My balls have been about sucked off..:-#

S-10 BB Swap
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1st-gen-bigblock-installation-223375/

burwin

Postby burwin » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:18 am

Can you get it into Barrett Jackson?
I want a real garage

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:58 am

Barrett-Jackson is all about making Barrett-Jackson money. You occasionally get a home run from a customer's car, but most end up losing a third of their profit to fees. Even e-bay, you used to buy just the ad space, but now they want a percentage of your sale as the ad fee.
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

john jones

Postby john jones » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:00 am

I'm sure I could get it into anything.. this thing is primo top to bottom.. real deal museum shit here.. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

But most people think it's lack of windows is going to kill it.... :-k :-k :-k at an auction... I think it's detail, uniqueness and logo's might just push it up there with those window busses... It is the ONLY Royal Mail Volkswagen I have ever seen.. and maybe the only one on earth.. :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

PeteSC

Postby PeteSC » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:39 am

Forget Meecum/Bareett Jackson...if you try an auction send it to one of the Gooding & Co. auctions in Scottsdale or Pebble Beach where they'll let you put a reserve on it. The history and correctness of the bus might be appreciated more there.

As for the auction fees...I thought the buyer took the brunt of that by paying a 10% fee to the house on a successful sale?
Meh.

Return to “KCW completed projects”