Rene's 66 beetle

MEhmann

Postby MEhmann » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:16 am

ScottyG wrote:.... And he got 1st in class and R.K. from HotVW's is gonna shoot it! =D> \:D/

=D>

Car was beautiful to say the least. Heard a ton of people talking about it all day.
Mike Ehmann
1960 Type I

Omar67

Postby Omar67 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:42 am

Congrats Rene
Dry Heat Panzers - Established 2003
https://www.facebook.com/DryHeatPanzers

66VOLKY

Postby 66VOLKY » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:53 am

Thanks for the post Scotty. It was a good show. I had a great time. The bug got crazy attention.
I was happy winning 1st place and surprised when they called my name for best engine. I can wait for RK to shoot the car! Image
Got a small pic of the bug in the Aug edition of Hot VW page60.

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:58 am

Too cool Renee.. Too cool!!! Congrats! dreams into reality. :-$
Working on my fortress of solitude.... Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

jeremy

Postby jeremy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:24 pm

I thought that bug was a '66 and isn't your name Rene. Me thinks the quote doesn't match the pic.

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:33 pm

Car is still looking AWESOME!!! Love the updates on past builds =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

66VOLKY

Postby 66VOLKY » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:31 pm

john jones wrote:Too cool Renee.. Too cool!!! Congrats! dreams into reality. :-$

Without a doubt, "dreams into reality!" Smile Smile Smile Smile
I owe it all to KCW! =D> =D> =D>
So many people say to me "I dont like red cars but this one I love!" [-X

I need to order some new KCW gear. Wifey and I represent everywhere we go!!!KCW....Bitch! =;

ScottyG

Postby ScottyG » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:18 pm

66VOLKY wrote:I owe it all to KCW! =D> =D> =D>

Same here =D> =D> =D> Proud to represent for sure...
59 DC Chiny Bus... but not too Chiny
59 SC Beater Bus
57 Beetle Aussie RHD
60 Beetle OG Survivor

russ scott

Re:

Postby russ scott » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:55 am

[quote="john jones"]He's a local that comes by time to time.. Very Nice dude.. I think a recruiter (sp)?

Lots done again.. Steering, t-signal switch, finish wiring, picked up wheel from welder, polished up, took to get mounted, fixed a broken stud in the side of the tranny, causing the side cover to leak super bad.. I think that was tranny fluid leaking when it got here.. but maybe not.. anyway.. that was a pain, had to jack up engine, weld a nut to the broke stud, pull out, tap, and rebuild the entire side of the tranny.. anyway. got that lots of engine assy, exhaust arrived, brakes bled, dash handle, fuel, tank,. petcock, sender, cover etc.. tons of assy.. and got all your wheels all polished up and on.. your fronts had some serious scratches in them.. I see why the wheel was cracked... Had to run for fittings out at the parker store for new oil filter mount fttings.. Good day.. and probably alot of shit I forgot... Doug did carpet! Seats going in soon too.

I figured I would give you these to druel on untill we put it on the ground and drive it later..

quote]
is this a kit you guys buy for the carpet or does doug buy the material and make his own "kits"
I want carpet over the tunnel like that but the Wolfsburg west ones use the rubber matt

GTV
ninja

Re: Rene's 66 beetle

Postby GTV » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:24 pm

Wolfsburg West does factory style. TMI makes you what you see there (Doug could have done it also), I've installed a few of them and I've never been really happy about the fit. I highly recommend having a trimmer cut and bind carpet to fit your car. It's not that expensive and IMO, tightly fit carpet makes a huge difference in the interior.
Living!

russ scott

Postby russ scott » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:25 pm

excellent thanks man

dirie1
'Merica

Postby dirie1 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:44 pm

As Zack mentioned, TMI does a kit which includes the tunnel, Wolfsburg West can also supply you with a custom kit if desired, as I have spoken to them about this as an option. Doug can also supply you with whatever kit you want regardless of stock configuration and material

Good luck
What do you do with 365 used rubbers? Make a tire and call it a Good Year.

Franz

Postby Franz » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:40 am

That's the later 65 up style carpet. The earlier kits are much prettier. I like to get the rubber kick panel mat from WW to have it sewn to the carpet.

russ scott

Postby russ scott » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:28 pm

Franz wrote:That's the later 65 up style carpet. The earlier kits are much prettier. I like to get the rubber kick panel mat from WW to have it sewn to the carpet.

I like the idea of that
my 55 had the rubber kick panel,
ok I will give ww a shout and see if they will custom make it for me

splitpile
ninja

Re: Re:

Postby splitpile » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:16 pm

russ scott wrote:
john jones wrote:He's a local that comes by time to time.. Very Nice dude.. I think a recruiter (sp)?

Lots done again.. Steering, t-signal switch, finish wiring, picked up wheel from welder, polished up, took to get mounted, fixed a broken stud in the side of the tranny, causing the side cover to leak super bad.. I think that was tranny fluid leaking when it got here.. but maybe not.. anyway.. that was a pain, had to jack up engine, weld a nut to the broke stud, pull out, tap, and rebuild the entire side of the tranny.. anyway. got that lots of engine assy, exhaust arrived, brakes bled, dash handle, fuel, tank,. petcock, sender, cover etc.. tons of assy.. and got all your wheels all polished up and on.. your fronts had some serious scratches in them.. I see why the wheel was cracked... Had to run for fittings out at the parker store for new oil filter mount fttings.. Good day.. and probably alot of shit I forgot... Doug did carpet! Seats going in soon too.

I figured I would give you these to druel on untill we put it on the ground and drive it later..

quote]
is this a kit you guys buy for the carpet or does doug buy the material and make his own "kits"
I want carpet over the tunnel like that but the Wolfsburg west ones use the rubber matt

WW makes the best carpet kit out there, the synsetic square weave looks just like the german wool squarweave and fits perfect
Shit load of buses and even more parts

Return to “KCW completed projects”