Cole's Turkis Camper

ColeZ

Postby ColeZ » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:26 pm

jb wrote:Damn I hate it when that happens....makes a guy think "hey maybe I priced it too cheap!"

Good luck man, there's always the next one!

It sure does JB! #-o

Thanks for the encouraging words John, and by the way, I'm loving your new camper!
Being happy is a choice, being in a VW Bus makes that choice easy.

Pat K

Postby Pat K » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Bummer it has to go....:-({|= :-({|= :-({|= ....But... you were a great Care Taker of this bus while it spent some time with
you and yours... Its in the family blood now... Smile Smile Smile ...even the Wifie... :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$

john jones

Postby john jones » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:03 am

quick sale!!! Thats how it's supposed to be.... What a killer bus... I know the new owner will love it.. and tell them they can contact me if they wish.. no worries... Hell.. they should join the site if they are not already on here!!! be nice to see that busses life continue on the pages here. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Fortress has been secured.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
No new dirty shop projects. [-X [-X [-X don't even ask... [-( [-( [-( [-(

Pat K

Postby Pat K » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:48 am

Just handed the phone to JJ....guy calling seamed super excited... :-k :-k :-k

Wren
Hey, KEEVIIN!!!

Postby Wren » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:20 am

Sad to see that Cole sold the bus. Hope it has a good new home! \:D/

ColeZ

Postby ColeZ » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:12 am

It was a SUPER quick sale!!! So quick in fact it caught me off guard at first. I posted it up around 11pm or so(took a good 30 minutes with my finger hovering over the submit button before I could press it). By 7am the next morning I had at least 10 responses half were questions, and half were "I want your bus". Christian was the only one actual voicemail though so he got first call. On that first call he said he wanted it and was ready to give deposit. First I had to make a couple phone calls and figure out the best way to do that, then I had to wrap my head around the fact that I was actually selling it. Which took pretty much all day.

I have no doubt Christian will be a great owner for this bus. This was not a "top dollar" sale. Throughout that first day and even yesterday several people have been trying to bid up Christian's offer. Christian first off made it logistically simple right off the bat. More importantly he unintentionally put me at ease about the whole thing. We have chatted quite a bit the last day or so and I'm certain the bus is going to a RAD family! Not to mention it will actually be living right on the Oregon Coast just a couple hours south of me a couple months out of the year as Christian is an avid kite surfer!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Maybe I'll even get a kite surfing lesson or two out of this deal :-k :-k Smile

I went from sick to my stomach on this to actually excited for Christian to get the bus. He has already gone through and read this entire thread start to finish, the same way I did, and he is excited to continue posting about the bus here. I could not be happier about the way this is going. Actually feels really good to be part of making someone so stoked about something. There is no doubt why John does what he does.

P.S. Sorry to make you guys read so much without pictures.lol

john jones

Postby john jones » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:31 am

It feels good to make people smile.. Smile Smile Smile Smile

ColeZ

Postby ColeZ » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:59 am

Here are a few memory lane pics before passing it off to Christian...Image
Good times... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

lonestar

Postby lonestar » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:17 pm

Memories forever.... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

kitesurfusa

new kid on the block

Postby kitesurfusa » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:48 am

well i hope you all are having a killer labor day weekend, wanted to intro myself.
my name is christian canese, i live in arizona and on the oregon coast.
i have love vw's since the early 70 when me and my best friends would get out on the dirt with our vw bugs and basically race each other around in huge dirt fields, some of the best romping i have ever done.
in 1997 i purchased my 1st vw bus a 1966 camper it was painted flat seafoam green, loved it to the bone, went to concerts in it, drove it to the california coast several times and camped on the beach, basically was my daily driver, had tons of fun, sold it in 2004 and it was the worst sale remorse i have ever had.
now this is why i had to get another one, been on samba and craigs list like a addict, everyday, my wife kind of thought is was nuts until i came across cole's 1964 turk.
what a killer bus, i love everything about it and all the sweat and efforts that went into this 64. KCW, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!
i will meet cole up in portland in 1 week from today to take it over, i am so excited to put my touches on to this 64 bus and love it as much as john and cole have. by the way john could you please send me the paint codes on the 2 colors on this bus and who did you get that camper interior from?
cole started a different a different vision for the interior by putting vinyl on some of the interior panels and i want to put it back to how it was , all wood.
spoke to cole and he expressed that the panels that he covered might have lamination on them from the vinyl and it might be better and easier just to get the 2 or 3 new sheets of wood and cut them down, please advise.
again thank you for any input and i cant wait to post up my future trips with my wife and dogs and any updates i do to this 64.
by the way, cole sure is one of the nicest guys i have ever met without even meeting him in person, he has a beautiful family and truly loved this 64 bus and i plan on continuing just the same.
have great weekend to all you vdub enthusiast.
keep the faith!
Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often...

kitesurfusa

how do i attach photos?

Postby kitesurfusa » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:54 am

want to post some photos of my previous 66 vw bus,
please help, not sure how to attach photos.
thanks man.

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:29 am

Glad to have you aboard!!! That was a hell of a post..!!!

Paint is no problem.. Infact.. If you want.. I can just send ya a touch up bottle of each.. But... touching up paint chips is for show cars.. This one if for enjoying.. :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ You see the bottom of that pass front overrider? Dented... from a BIG ASS rock I hit on shasta!!! That's a story... not an imperfection.. :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

Maybe you can meet up with us in Vegas Oct 18th?

kitesurfusa

morning john, thanks for the reply

Postby kitesurfusa » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:43 am

yea i know its a driver but i am anal about chips and scratches.
especially this one which right around the drivers side safari.
send me the paint codes if you can or you can send them via us mail to:

general mail delivery
neotsu oregon 97364

we leave for oregon friday 5 am, will be on the or coast for the next 2 months.
thanks a lot!
cheers.

splitpile
ninja

Postby splitpile » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:56 am

One of my favorite bus pictures of all time, beautiful bus and little girl. If it was mine I'd frame it

Shit load of buses and even more parts

ColeZ

Postby ColeZ » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:58 am

Thanks Splitpile, I agree that photo needs to be in a frame.

Thanks for the kind words Christian. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys in a few days. I can tell how excited you are about the bus and I love it! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Return to “KCW completed projects”