Cole's Turkis Camper

ColeZ

Postby ColeZ » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:20 am

Definitely sucks balls, the whole situation sucks balls!

I honestly don't know that it would even be possible to replace this bus! Granted it's my first bus so it might sound a little ridiculous to those who have had a bunch of these but I can't imagine any bus ever matching the "value" of this Turkis. In less than a year I can't even count the number of awesome memories it's provided us with. John said it from the start, this bus is a memory maker! Even the purchase of this bus is an awesome memory, from having John pull up in it at the airport on my first trip into GJ, to watching the changes being made in the shop, to pulling up to my house and seeing John and Gretchen standing there with my new bus, all incredible non replaceable memories.
If it were just me I would probably live in this bus before selling it, but it's not just me. Thought of selling it quite literally makes my stomach turn. But life throws us curves I suppose. 4 months ago I had 4 cars, sold two of them already and it's down to the bus and the wife's car. I guess they say everything happens for a reason, I suppose we will just see how things shake out.
Being happy is a choice, being in a VW Bus makes that choice easy.

ColeZ

Postby ColeZ » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:29 pm

Yo, anybody out in the Northwest going to Springmeet this Sunday up in Washington? I'm planning on heading up, however may back out because its supposed to be pouring down rain and 3.5 hours each way through the rain doesn't super awesome.

And a few recent pics...
Not my garage, but I think I might need to get a checkered floor in my garage some day.

Left_coast*9

Postby Left_coast*9 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:29 pm

Nice bus, nice pics!

Tyzel

Postby Tyzel » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:14 pm

Cole, great seeing and talking to you yesterday!! Bus looks killer still. Hope everything works out bro!!

Tyler.

ColeZ

Postby ColeZ » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:24 pm

Hey Tyler good chatting with you too man. It was good show.

john jones

Postby john jones » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:46 pm

Glad you got out and enjoyed the bus... I miss this bus soo much... I need to get back on mine! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
:-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

ColeZ

Postby ColeZ » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Oh I get out and enjoy it everyday! It's my only rig right now, I've been driving the shit out of this thing pretty much every since you left it in my driveway. Took it out to the beach on Friday before the show with one of my water cooled buddies who was driving his 2012 Passat, and I keep up no problem. There are a ton of hills on the way to the beach and I gotta tell you one of my favorite things about this bus is flying by people UPHILL in my 64 turkis with ease. I can only imagine other peoples reaction, probably something like "what the fu*k". This engine has ruined me, I will never be satisfied without a power engine again. This is one badass bus you guys built. =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/

ColeZ

Postby ColeZ » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Looking for input on a couple things... :-k :-k :-k

1st question...
How difficult/realistic is it to swap out the front safari's for fixed front windows every year for the summer/winter? Unless someone has a full proof way of keeping safari's from leaking, which would probably be a first.

Second question...
What are peoples thoughts on this bus doing 15-20K miles per year?

andym

Postby andym » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:24 pm

I'm no help to your answers, it's a badass bus!
15-20k a year!!! You drive too much! Keep up on the regular maintence and I'm sure it will be fine.. Back when vws were new people drove them daily for years.. Keep at it man, cool bus!
Andy In Modesto

Maybe Subaru parts could fix it?

GTV
ninja

Postby GTV » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:41 pm

Stationary windshields leak too! Not as bad though...
Living!

PeteSC

Postby PeteSC » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:25 am

Nice battle-tested bus for someone.....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... id=1682984
Meh.

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:47 am

Nice Ad Cole... Nice..

That is a Memory Maker bus right there... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Good luck with the sell Cole.

96MPH.. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

ColeZ

Postby ColeZ » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:57 pm

Thanks John. Posting that add was something I procrastinated as long as I possibly could. But unfortunately it had to be done. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I put the add up around midnight last night and woke up with 6 emails, 3 texts, and 2 voicemails. I did not at all expect it to go so quickly, I thought I would probably at least get another month of enjoyment out of it. Gemma is not happy about the sale either, I think wifey is the only person happy about this sale.

The bus is just about already in pending status. It's bittersweet I suppose. Maybe quick like a band aid is best. Not going to lie though, the whole thing has my stomach in knots.

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:21 pm

Good for you on the sale.. Quick sales rock.

It does suck... but a mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do to make ends meet... You had it... You can have it back... You got plenty of good hard working years ahead of ya to earn all that cash back.... Times suck right now for ya... but new opportunities are around the corner.. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Don't fall outta touch... and you'll be back in a bus in no time.. :-$

jb

Postby jb » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Damn I hate it when that happens....makes a guy think "hey maybe I priced it too cheap!"

Good luck man, there's always the next one!

Return to “KCW completed projects”