Cole's Turkis Camper

kitesurfusa

Re: Christian's Turkis Camper

Postby kitesurfusa » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:05 am

i had the bus for sale and was just testing the waters to see what price people would come in at, she's a beautiful bus and i am not selling, it is no longer for sale.
i did wind up buying another carpet cleaning van and truckmount for our business, 55 k.
i dont mean to disappoint you all but i felt that i spent a lot of money on my turks and i think i really wanted to know if the price i paid was too high.
so i listed her at 39,900.00 and actually got 3 or 4 offers of 33 to 35 which i said no to.
well all in all i think that reassured me that what i paid was right in the ballpark, i guess initially when i met cole and i 1st saw the bus i was eye fucking it way too much and picking apart all the little flaws so it kind of caught me off guard and i felt insecure about the price i paid, so that my friends is why i decided to list it and see what type of response i would get which i was very happy, funny thing us humans do sometimes just to reassure themselves.
but i do appreciate my turks and have no intentions of selling it.
she is a fantastic daily driver and i would have a hard time duplicating this bus for what i paid cole for it.
since i purchased the bus i have installed a kick ass stereo, amp and new speakers along with a viper alarm with door actuators, no more locking and unlocking with the key,a valve adjustment and both motor and tranny fluids changed as well as a new clutch due to oil from the motor got in the clutch and basically she started slipping at times so i had karls vw here in phx put in a new one and everything is perfect.
by the way the crew at karls loved the way you put this bus together and said they knew of you and the type of work you did, super stoaked.
so once again thank you for such a killer bus!

again sorry to disappoint but i love my turks and plan on
Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often...

john jones

Re: Cole's Turkis Camper

Postby john jones » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:01 am

Glad you got over that eye fucking everything thing... It's not how I build MY cars.. Function is much more important to me than beauty... useability is top priority to me..
Working on my fortress of solitude.... Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

kitesurfusa

Re: Christian's Turkis Camper

Postby kitesurfusa » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:23 pm

i agree, she's a great driver, runs super great and is super reliable.
at this point i am super stoked about my bus.
will keep you posted on my future vw bus trips.
thanks man
Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often...

ColeZ

Postby ColeZ » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:22 pm

Haven't posted on here in forever, and wasn't sure where to post total randomness so figured I'd go with the old camper thread. Man, I gotta tell you guys selling the Turkis Camper is something I regret almost every day. There is no way I will every be able to duplicate that bus for anywhere near what I paid or even sold it for and that bums me out. The only upside is that it went to some super cool people.

All that said I think I am starting my hunt for another bus. It's gonna be tough because I have nowhere near the budget I did back when I got the Turkis. If you followed the thread you might recall the reason I ended up selling was because my company cut back and I lost my job. I then decided to go into real estate. The bus was my daily driver and I convinced myself that I would not be able to be successful selling real estate in a bus. That logic was dumb as hell. I've recently decided fuck that, if my clients don't want to work with me because I roll up in a bus then screw them!

This time around though because it will be my daily driver, and I drive a lot, and live in rainy Oregon I have decided to go with a "fat chic" bay window camper bus for a bit more functionality. And it's gotta be a pop top because my 6 year old daughter(who was not quite even 4 when JJ rolled up with the Turkis) has insisted that our next bus have a pop top and I agree with her. It's amazing how the bus locks in memories with my daughters that no other vehicle can. So I intend to get a sweet camper that will not just be my daily driver but double as a camping memory making machine for my girls. It's gonna be tough finding one though since I got spoiled as hell having my first bus be a John Jones bus. So wish me luck and if anyone wants to trade a sweet camper bus for a Land Rover LR3 give me a shout. I will say that the LR3 is awesome and my favorite rig I've owned from a comfort and functionality perspective...It just simply does not make the memories like a bus though.

Hope everyone is well.
Being happy is a choice, being in a VW Bus makes that choice easy.

PeteSC

Postby PeteSC » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:22 am

Sorry to hear about the roller coaster of life that had you sell your old bus. Hang in there and the right one will come along.

Have no idea what your budget is and read that you're on the hunt for a Bay, but I could not scroll past this ad I noticed this morning without taking a look. Seems like a decent deal for a titled, running and driving '62 Turkis.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... id=1941291
Meh.

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:48 am

That was a cool bus ColeZ. I spent two nights in it at the KCW Compound on a visit back before John sold it. Loved that all new camper interior. Good luck in finding your next bus.

On another note, I have a cool story. Back when I still had my lowered '66, I was driving a van for Tucson stage Coach here in Tucson. Delivered passengers from the airport to all around town. One time just as I was getting off shift, I heard our counter staff talking with a couple that just got off a delayed flight and were in danger of losing their accommodations at a guest ranch. We couldn't get them there in time. They left to get a taxi. I intercepted them and told them if it was just the two of them, I could take them there in my personal vehicle(didn't say it was a VW). They agreed and I went and got my bus. When I pulled up in my bus, their jaws dropped. Turns out they had a splitty back home. Pretty fun trip. They wanted to pay me, but I refused.
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:17 am

I often wonder what ColeZ is up to.... Good to hear from ya again...

Volkswagens seem to make a good first impression on people.... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

ColeZ

Postby ColeZ » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:13 pm

PeteSC wrote:Sorry to hear about the roller coaster of life that had you sell your old bus. Hang in there and the right one will come along.

Have no idea what your budget is and read that you're on the hunt for a Bay, but I could not scroll past this ad I noticed this morning without taking a look. Seems like a decent deal for a titled, running and driving '62 Turkis.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... id=1941291

Hey PeteSC, thanks buddy. I saw that add as well for the 62 Turkis and also thought that looked like a pretty decent deal. That is a good looking bus. KCW could make that one so sweet. But that one is over budget for me. $15K would be my max budget, and probably not even quite that much.
Being happy is a choice, being in a VW Bus makes that choice easy.

john jones

Postby john jones » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:57 am

You had a good camper cole... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> but the BBOE would blow your mind... :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ Better start saving, sell that land rover and close some deals.... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Return to “KCW completed projects”