Toms/JJ's/Will's 2 fold

PeteSC

Re: Toms/JJ's 2 fold

Postby PeteSC » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:06 pm

rustabus wrote:[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X I think cruising with Gretchen on a Sunday around GJ in a sweet Oval beats breaking a race car twice a year at the track!!!!! Smile

...says the guy that thinks the "Super High High Roof" is more worthy of time/labor than a split Beetle or 356A project. :-# :-# :-# Smile Smile Smile Smile
Meh.

alykat

Postby alykat » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:32 pm

Being one of the guys who has spent WAY too many $$$$$$$$$$ fixing broken race cars, I have to agree with Rusty on this one.
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

68tintop

Postby 68tintop » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:57 pm

Yep I would agree with rusty on that. Even thought some of his other ideas suck. Like a parts car are u crazy a 58 parts car. But on the other hand I would be doing anything to get that split window bug rippin. That's what I would be workin on if I had the money. It takes money to build nice cars not to build the stupid high roof rusty is practicing his skills. Come on rusty build that split bug

PeteSC

Postby PeteSC » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:59 pm

You guys must be really fun to hang around with at parties. Smile Smile Smile
Meh.

john jones

Postby john jones » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:00 am

Thanks for the offer Scott.. But I think I am going to steer myself away from that kind of temptation.. a month ago i might have jumped at this... Thank goodness I didn't... This sweet oval is brand new and badd ass..

This little oval could let me stop working real real soon... :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k That is sounding better and better to me.... :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#
Fortress has been secured.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
No new dirty shop projects. [-X [-X [-X don't even ask... [-( [-( [-( [-(

volksaddict

Postby volksaddict » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:09 am

You're never gonna stop working - wtf would you do if you weren't sanding, welding, painting, buffing....

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:13 am

what ever I want.. :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$

volksaddict

Postby volksaddict » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:36 am

I thought you were doing that now =D>

john jones

Postby john jones » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:44 am

yeah.... I guess I do what I want all the time.. :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" I took 25 years to get it that way,, I'm not giving that up.. [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

I guess I will do some tweaking to this car after the swivel is done and sell it too... Change the look up a little.. just a little.. clean it like crazy and maybe take it to one show... :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k Sell it and continue on with my quest of not owing anyone on earth a cent.. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Gretchen Jones

Postby Gretchen Jones » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:53 am

What an AWESOME car!!!! John cleaned her up, "got the shine on" (both the car, AND John- meaning clean shirt, BLUE jeans and a hat(EXACTLY what I like)) and he took me on a date..... Kinda funny story, cuz he knows me soooooooo well...typical start to a date, I asked where we were going... this time he says "You'll see" Mmmmmm, caught my attention for sure.....So, I am paying close attention to every turn trying to figure out where we are going...... (he knows me pretty well) :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k . So, he drove toward one of our favorite restaurants, passed it, then to another, and turned before he got there, turned near one and did not park, did this a few more times, finally pulling into RED LOBSTER! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Let's not forget to mention, me might have done a bit of speeding on the straight roads along the way! WOW, this car puts you back in your seat, and sounds sooooooo good!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Upon arrival, no one could miss us, and we received compliments on this beauty! (OFCOURSE) Volkswagens make people smile! So.... anyway, let me add, that this was after 8;00pm, so I had already planned (in my head) to just skip dinner and go straight to dessert! Which we essentially did, in my opinion! We ate Lots of lobster dipped in butter and drank a MEGA Bahama Mama! The ride home included lots of straight aways (speed) which I LOVE!!!- WOW, awesome date, with my awesome husband, in an awesome car! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ A night of WIN! WIN! WIN!........ another win? :-$ ! :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" Thanks babe!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

john jones

Postby john jones » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:02 am

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I would loan this bad boy out to any of my close friends for a nice night out with their lady... Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Just have it back by midnight.. :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#

alykat

Postby alykat » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:21 am

So great that you two still can act like teenagers when together. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:10 am

Maybe re-name the Oval the Saturday Night Special!!! Wink Wink Smile

Bret

Postby Bret » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:51 am

Glad to see you out driving this thing. It's a killer car.

K Leake

Postby K Leake » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:06 am

Sounds like a great time \:D/
Kevin

Return to “KCW completed projects”