Toms/JJ's/Will's 2 fold

john jones

Re: Toms/JJ's/Will's 2 fold

Postby john jones » Tue May 23, 2017 7:05 am

willmoss wrote:Well luckily I'm not to that point yet... It did end up being a brake issue. I guess I didn't realize the lugs were different lengths front to rear and the ones in the back were too long?

Apparently the lugs ripped up the brake shoes, master cylinder, springs, and the handbrake cables. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

self inflicted pain... the worst.. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Franz

Postby Franz » Tue May 23, 2017 7:16 am

Critter1 wrote:JJ that was me, at Andy's. Fuck having a super-diff swing axle car for daily/freeway use. It's a ticking time bomb, not "if" but "when" it'll dry up on you. Forget about any extended freeway time. Keep it around town, stop & go, sure it'll be fine.
Go with a stock two spider open diff and semi-easy starts, or go IRS and forget about it!

I'm gathering that the only problem with a super diff is that the holes in the sides for splash lube are not big enough?

You wouldn't think that having 4 spider gears would cause any problem...The only time those things spin is when you go around a corner.

Critter1

Postby Critter1 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:22 am

Franz wrote:
Critter1 wrote:JJ that was me, at Andy's. Fuck having a super-diff swing axle car for daily/freeway use. It's a ticking time bomb, not "if" but "when" it'll dry up on you. Forget about any extended freeway time. Keep it around town, stop & go, sure it'll be fine.
Go with a stock two spider open diff and semi-easy starts, or go IRS and forget about it!

I'm gathering that the only problem with a super diff is that the holes in the sides for splash lube are not big enough?

You wouldn't think that having 4 spider gears would cause any problem...The only time those things spin is when you go around a corner.

Yeah It's the fact that with four spider gears, the (super)diff is an inclosed unit, and once centrifugal force spins the fluid out, it has a tough time getting back in to the fulcrums. I've seen where guys have increased the size and number of oiling holes in super diffs. You'd be able to pull it off with that fancy milling machine Franz!
Last edited by Critter1 on Tue May 23, 2017 11:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Justin

Franz wrote:Fine, I'll fucking change it.

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue May 23, 2017 11:00 am

thats why the old "hoodrides" that had tiny motors and never left town and never got over 45 would last for quite awhile!!! :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue May 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Critter1 wrote: just avoid extended freeway drives over 55mph. Sounds perfect!

THATS ALL I HEARD!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Critter1

Postby Critter1 » Tue May 23, 2017 4:41 pm

HAHA! That was a softball just for you Jones!
Justin

Franz wrote:Fine, I'll fucking change it.

john jones

Postby john jones » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:30 am

Get your shit fixed kid???? I was thinking.. good time to buy some disc brakes and fuch's... :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

willmoss

Postby willmoss » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:40 am

I did! Costly and dumb mistake on my part though. I ](*,) ](*,)

I was thinking about just biting the bullet and doing that swap to discs and Fuchs, but I can't afford it right now and don't want to halfway do it or spend money I don't really have. =; =;

But it's definitely still on my list to do. I'll get there eventually [-o< [-o< [-o<
fuckin willy

willmoss

Postby willmoss » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:39 pm

Just posted this picture on my instagram =P~ =P~
fuckin willy

Return to “KCW completed projects”