Unk's sixty-four deluxe...

john jones

Postby john jones » Sun May 06, 2012 6:59 am

I spent most of yesterday on your bus.. We had raised the front a little.. to keep it from scrubbing with 2 people and passengers.. but.. then the muffler was too damn low to the ground.. so I raised it up in the rear.. went to fucking far and it looked like a scene out of hot rod..!! Readjusted it and put it at 2 degree's down... perfect.. then raised the front a tad more.. Now your set.... Looks really good.. and now I feel like it's ready for ya!!!

I'll post up a pic in a bit.. it looks nice.. still low.. but no mo rub., you can load her down now!!!

unk

Postby unk » Mon May 07, 2012 2:03 pm

Gotta transport deal worked out with the same guy that picked up my bug. He said that he will stop by Fri, Sat or next Monday to pick the bus up.

Can't wait to get it home. Let's leave the old panels and seats at kcw. Hopefully Simon and I can work something out.

luftkraft

Postby luftkraft » Mon May 07, 2012 6:15 pm

I couldn't quit looking at your bus on Saturday Tom. Probably the most perfect looking old paint I've ever seen on an old Volkswagen... Period!
-nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway

Franz

Postby Franz » Tue May 08, 2012 6:02 am

Yeah, it does, I can't even tell that any work has been done. Do you have any "as found" pictures, Mark?

unk

Postby unk » Tue May 08, 2012 11:05 am

X2 ^^^

I was thinkin the exact same thing when you posted your comment, Mark. Would love to document any of the early pix of this bus in Parker or once you snagged it up. I appreciate it.....

luftkraft

Postby luftkraft » Thu May 10, 2012 8:48 pm

No.... I didn't take any pictures when I first got it. It was close to what you see now as far as exterior paint/patina. I replaced a rocker both inner and outer on the right side and a outrigger and jack point I think..... I did some spotting in with primer/color and then cut it back to blend. that drivers side was straight as an arrow. I remember sighting down the left side when I pulled it away from the building it was sitting next to expecting to see something bad. I couldn't believe how straight this bus was for having been sitting outside in the same spot for 25+ years. You've got yourself a really cool bus Tom.
-nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway

Franz

Postby Franz » Sat May 12, 2012 2:45 pm

Leaving KCW today.

These guys were stoked!:

vwfool

Postby vwfool » Sat May 12, 2012 11:41 pm

Fuck Franz, the least you could have done was thrown the guy a KCW shirt.

Iozzio

Postby Iozzio » Sun May 13, 2012 8:31 am

What a bitchin bus, thats exactly what I want to do with mine.

durfeec

Postby durfeec » Sun May 13, 2012 7:00 pm

VWFOOL wrote:Fuck Franz, the least you could have done was thrown the guy a KCW shirt.

=; :-k [-X
1960 Panel/Camper

dirie1
'Merica

Postby dirie1 » Sun May 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Hell ya Unk

Post up some pix once it is home in its new resting place! You are going to have one hellova garage =D>
What do you do with 365 used rubbers? Make a tire and call it a Good Year.

unk

Postby unk » Sun May 20, 2012 1:05 pm

got my bus on Friday......here are some pictures out at the farm. Thanks again, guys.

Speshel k

Postby Speshel k » Sun May 20, 2012 2:24 pm

Bus looks great! Also, That is the biggest barn I have ever seen! Is it a shop inside?

gonebuggy

Postby gonebuggy » Mon May 21, 2012 5:24 am

Looks stellar! =D> Very cool ride, sweet barn too!

What size tires do you have and what are your suspension specs?

Alex
Why buy when you can build?
I've spent hours on parts that you can buy for pennies.

unk

Postby unk » Mon May 21, 2012 7:14 am

The barn is empty. These big barns are pretty common along SW Wisconsin. This one is on our hunting property located about 12 miles from Talesin (home of Frank Lloyd Wright).

I am going to install the seals on my bus this week. What adhesive should I use to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

Tires are 185s and 215s. Not sure of the stance specs....KCW may be able to help you there. I know it has beam and the height looks to be about 6 inches under stock.

We went to co-op to pick up our corn and soybean seed this weekend and it was crazy having all these farmers come over and check out the bus....theses busses catch everyone's attention....Especially in the wisconsin where there really isn't any VW scene to speak of. S miles, thumbs up, random people coming and sharing life experiences with you.....its all cool. Certainly makes you feel happy when you are driving it around. Thanks again, Seth.

interesting....random......non-vw fact
This area of Wisconsin is also known as a Morel Mushroom haven. These things are ugly but are very rare and go for $40 a pound in the spring. We collected probably 20 pounds this spring. Ate them all......

Return to “KCW completed projects”