Ron's non-hippy, but actually hippy camper bus

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:55 am

Super cool John!!! =D> =D> =D> You totally made my Bros day Smile Smile I talked to him last night and he didn't even know you were digging into this rebuild agian, left him a message a few days ago about the thread statrting up and pics but he didn't get it. Better post up some pics of his RED interior. Coolest part about this Riv is that it is also a poptop. Only about one in ten Rivieras had this option and Ron made it easy to spot when he picked the poptop material Smile Smile

RSP3

Holy Flippin Shit!

Postby RSP3 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:28 pm

I can't believe it…
As Rusty said, I had no idea John was even thinking of starting on my engine let alone finishing it, the man is simply amazing!

I got a pic of my DONE engine on x-mass eve, what a great present! The last time I saw it, it was all BAD. Wouldn't turn over, push start, and the crank was froze, very unhappy. It wouldn't have been so bad but it was a new 2054cc the guys had recently put in. And I had no idea he was going to do the upgrades as well. WOW, Eagle, Empi, Berg big dog shit for sure, too cool!
I know it's been said a million times before and will be again so here's my two cents worth:
Damn John you ROCK! Your dedication to your Family, KCW, the Crew, (Not Motley Crue but they rock as well) and friends is nothing less than an inspiration to all.
Now don't get all big headed and shit but you are a great father and I'm proud to call you friend!

Very Good and Thanks! =D>

I still can't believe it.
67 Riviera Camper "Road Warrior" 2165cc, 70 Fargo fun buggy 1914cc

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:17 am

VERY GOOD! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Thanks Ron.. Just doing what I do.. Gotta keep things moving along.. I came in and checked valves this morning, perfecto!!! fired up and she idles smooth, and is crispy as fuck when you hit the throttle.. This motor should be quite a bit better than before.. I plan to get the correct plugs this morning, do a tune today sometime, convert the air cleaners for more user freindly access in a bus and maybe stab it in tonight.. :-k

I also had Franz make you a hard line to go from your pump to your case, and on your last fall oil change, we will put this in and bypass that cooler all winter.. I am getting rid of your oil filter.. No more even taking a chance.. Although the new pump cover should help.. You just don't need it where you live.. Then come spring.. we will put the cooler back inline... Now your filter is in the sump.... It's just a really good screen.

a few pics of the bus.. This is probably one of my favorite campers..

dreadnotmusic

Postby dreadnotmusic » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:35 am

Some sweet mods going on inside that bus. Pretty neat idea to put the spice rack where the ice box was. Also looks like the table has been shortened.

I push the same bus arou d with a 1600sp. Can't imagine what it feels like with that motor!!! Sweet ride. =D>

RSP3

Postby RSP3 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:26 am

1967 Riviera Camper Walk through with a Pop-top and hugh fucking engine! Hippy bus? Ha, get the hell out of my way you fucking yuppies! They are few and far between and the coolest of the campers by far. I've only seen 3-4 ever. Riviera's Rock so does dreadnotmusic and so does KCW!

The "short" table is really a door table, the stock table just takes up too much room and so does the ice box. Now I get in the side without having to open both doors and lots more space, and who use's the ice box anyway. I also have an old school fan for A/C just above and behind the drivers seat and a Eberspacher heater under the jump seat. I had a 1600 single, then went to a double with a progressive and it helped a ton. But living at almost 10,000ft and having to deal with the hills I just needed more. And Holy shit, I got more for sure! Whoop whoop!
This bus is my baby and I love it! Again thanks for all the love guys.

Franz

Postby Franz » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:41 pm

A lil' video of the engine after some tuning. Super-crispy! Thats your engne Ron!

http://youtu.be/OUReGASDWLQ

RSP3

Postby RSP3 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:51 pm

Fuuucccckkkk Yeeeaaaaahhhh!

dirie1
'Merica

Postby dirie1 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:56 pm

=D> Good stuff Ron
What do you do with 365 used rubbers? Make a tire and call it a Good Year.

john jones

Postby john jones » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:17 am

got it in and done.. Drove it home last night and back.. VERY GOOD!

Started getting heat all hooked up.. not done.. but close.. Your bus drives very welll

john jones

Postby john jones » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:25 pm

Just got back from some dinner in your bus Ron.. can't wait to hear what you think after a test drive...

john jones

Re: Ron's non-hippy, but actually hippy camper bus

Postby john jones » Thu May 11, 2017 6:56 am

Ron's finally got his bus all dialed in again.... and about to start road tripping again!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Durango first trip?

Franz

Postby Franz » Thu May 11, 2017 8:47 am

Holy old thread batman!

john jones

Postby john jones » Thu May 11, 2017 10:31 am

thought maybe if I brought this back up.... we could convince Ron to keep it a tiny ity bity bit more up to date with some fresh road trip photo's!!!!! [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

I would like to encourage people to post atleast once a day!!!! Hell.. post every third time you check shit.. you may surprise yourself.. Wink Wink Wink

RSP3

Postby RSP3 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:41 am

Ill figure out how to post pics one day, love the bus, thanks guys.

john jones

Postby john jones » Fri May 12, 2017 5:28 am

it's easy cheesy Ron... Even Alycat can do it.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Down load an image resizer.. then they just upload straight to the site when you post... it;'s easy... #-o

Return to “KCW completed projects”