Alp's Ghia

andym

Re: Johns Ghia

Postby andym » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:37 pm

I was just thinking of this car the other day. Makes me want to sell my notchback and find a rolling drag bug. Too bad my notch ain't worth shit.
Andy In Modesto

Maybe Subaru parts could fix it?

jb

Postby jb » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:52 pm

I don't even know if alp is still into vws?? :-k the man has been pretty elusive since last summer 8-[

dcuplover

Postby dcuplover » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:23 pm

I am here still...just busy all the time. Ran into John at the show...didn't even know he was coming up since I haven't been around the site much. I have done just a little work to getting it back to the street. Finally peeled the motor open to find loose case inserts everywhere, a few stripped head studs and just a few small stuff. But thankfully no torched heads, split cylinders that I can see or burnt up pistons!
The drag car is also moving ahead slowly. Ordered new lexan windows from RLR, but they are too large so have to cut my own maybe. Mounted my Racepak and a few odds and ends.
Recently got hit again by a lady. She must of liked my ass because she sure smacked it hard with her Nissan SUV. The doublecab needs a new rear panel (anyone know of panels for a 1991 Doublecab transporter)? The gates are tweaked just a little, decklid gone, signals front and back (she drove me into the guy ahead of me), headlights and bumpers (front and back) are needed to bring life back into the truck. I got another concussion out of the deal (my 6th or 7th) so the Dr's told me to keep things on the low side for excitement.

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:22 am

Bad news on the Double cab!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Hope they had good insurance!!!!!! [-o< [-o< Smile

Franz

Postby Franz » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:48 am

Oh Damn.

Left_coast*9

Postby Left_coast*9 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:00 am

rustabus wrote:Bad news on the Double cab!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Hope they had good insurance!!!!!! [-o< [-o< Smile

Scheit man hope you are OK and go get a really good attorney!

dcuplover

Re: Alp's Ghia

Postby dcuplover » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:51 am

Up here we have Provincial Insurance through the Government. So coverage isn't an issue. Everyone has to get their basic insurance through the Government. They valued the truck at $30K Canadian (about $5000 USD in $1 bills ](*,) )..... Trying to see if it is worth getting back and fixing it or not.
As for injuries the insurance adjuster was a goof ball from the get go so I just gave Saul Goodman a call.....

Return to “KCW completed projects”