Shawns Single

DetroitJOHNNY

Postby DetroitJOHNNY » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:53 pm

hoodrat wrote:the mansfield ohio show??????????august 29tish.....................at the prison.....................thats one show i know my car will make, seeing as its like five minutes from my house................likely you guys are talking about manfield somewhere else!!!!!!

nope, that's the one. I went last year, and had a fairly good time. But the show is not that big and I wasn't going to make the trip this year if no one I knew was going to be there. If Shawn and Polly are going to go I will plan on going.

It's worth it to go to the show at least once just for the prison tour!!!

johnny

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:20 pm

August... I could be persuaded into a road trip too 8-[

Especially if I have another car on the road. Hmmm...
Mark

DetroitJOHNNY

Postby DetroitJOHNNY » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:37 am

that would be cool Mark!

I went looking for you on Sunday again too, but I didn't see you. Did you guys stay Saturday night?

johnny

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:40 am

DetroitJOHNNY wrote:that would be cool Mark!

I went looking for you on Sunday again too, but I didn't see you. Did you guys stay Saturday night?

johnny

We stayed Saturday night, but didn't come back to the show on Sunday. Kids were being crazy, wife was sunburnt, and we were all TIRED!! So we got on the road at about 10:00 AM, and were home by noon.
Mark

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:11 am

DetroitJOHNNY wrote:This truck is the most bad-ass thing to see in person. What an awesome ride. I was AMAZED at how nicely it rides being as low as it is, great job guys!!! This thing flies too!!

t-jacker wrote: johnny... good times man, good hanging with ya, im thinking were gonna have to hit up the mansfield show this summer. well finger something out.

Thanks for all of the hospitality, I had one of the best times I have ever had at a show. Tell Polly that I could taste that garlic all the way home yesterday..... Smile 8-[ Smile I almost called you last night to see if you made it OK..... My guess on the brakes is the master cylinder. I guess we'll see....... :-k

It was a cool time, lots of cool people, great hanging out and camping. If anyone lives in the midwest this is the show to hit.

Did John get any of his pics uploaded yet? I am anxious to see the ones out in the field. I checked out his website and he does some REALLY NICE work. I'm impressed.

Anyway, when is the Mansfieled show? If you guys go I will DEFINITELY try to make it.

say "hi" to your wife, son and dogs for me!!! \:D/

johnny

tell me about it, willy was farting all the way home and the everytime it smelled like garlic.glad ya had a good time. funny me and polly were just saying when we got home that we think thats the best time we have had at a show also.
john is slacking, but i ve been giving him shit about it so it should be any day now.i was checking out his site also for the first time and i just noticed that some of our wedding pics are on there to. defenetly does good work.we will have to keep in touch on that show, or maybe even hit up the fall tennessee show(i think there is one?)maybe ill take the oval instead.
no time to work on the single yet been getting the stang for the power tour, were leaving fri. morning. dont think its much serious though. i will tell the family hi for ya. talk at ya soon

shawn

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:15 am

Mark wrote:August... I could be persuaded into a road trip too 8-[

Especially if I have another car on the road. Hmmm...

mark that would be awesome if ya went, i might just have a particular bug for ya if ya want. i actually sent ya a pm the other day but you musta have never got it or maybe i forgot to hit the SEND button. whoops.
ill send ya another one soon.
sorry to hear about your bug. but at least ya got it rollin again. if i would have been thinking we could have came and found ya for the cruise. oh well mabe next time.

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:18 am

hoodrat wrote:the mansfield ohio show??????????august 29tish.....................at the prison.....................thats one show i know my car will make, seeing as its like five minutes from my house................likely you guys are talking about manfield somewhere else!!!!!!

yep thats it...
not a big show but if enough people go it could be a good time. funny how this site bring people together Smile

thanks everyone for all the input on the brakes im sure between all the ideas its gotta be one of em.
again thanks guys!!!!

hoodrat

Postby hoodrat » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:30 am

holy shawshank redemption..................more than one shockless cambered out bug at a show in mansfield!!!!! im pumped......generally i am stuck in a class with el caminos with cragers............and s10s whith ttops, totally pumped to hang with people with same interests

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:47 am

t-jacker wrote:i might just have a particular bug for ya if ya want. i actually sent ya a pm the other day but you musta have never got it or maybe i forgot to hit the SEND button. whoops.
ill send ya another one soon.

Just checked, no PMs. We should probably talk. [-o<
Mark

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:32 am

whas happenin ya'all.....
hey im doing another tune up etc. etc. on the single this eve...
heard lots and lots of opinions on what the best oil to use on a high performance v dub engine is..and i guess im trying to get to the botom of it. so any input from all of you knowledgable lads would be highly appreciated..... so.... anyone who wants to post let hear it... [-o<

scottsain
Bryan Adams

Postby scottsain » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:52 am

gary?
VW Drag Night 2017!
July 7-8
Orangeburg Dragstrip, Neeses SC
www.vwdragnight.com
BE HERE! FREE FOOD! FREE DRINKS! FAST CARS! LOOSE WOMEN!
www.facebook.com/VWDragNight

scottsain
Bryan Adams

Postby scottsain » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:52 am

brad penn.
VW Drag Night 2017!
July 7-8
Orangeburg Dragstrip, Neeses SC
www.vwdragnight.com
BE HERE! FREE FOOD! FREE DRINKS! FAST CARS! LOOSE WOMEN!
www.facebook.com/VWDragNight

Whistlebritches

Postby Whistlebritches » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:06 pm

scottsain wrote:gary?

who ME???

Oil.... I would definitely recommend the use of this refined resource Smile

Castrol 20-50

OgCalLook

Postby OgCalLook » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:53 pm

scottsain wrote:brad penn.

X2
Tom

VGMutah

Postby VGMutah » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:41 pm

Brad Penn does have the zinc content most oil lacks these days. If you just want to use something off the shelf, try a ZDDP additive. No more flat lifter/cam failure problems that have plagued the air-cooled community for the past few years. Isn't it funny how the oil manufacturers never mentioned removing the zinc until after all the damage was done?
http://zddppluscentral.com/featured_products?b=1
I have a new positive out-look on life!
Which is probably doomed to failure...

Return to “KCW completed projects”