Shawns Single

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:15 am

OgCalLook wrote:The single looks great - but damn does it ever thaw up there?
I guess you got June, July & Aug Smile

i hear ya...not sure how many more of these shitty ass winters i can take

MIKE Z

Postby MIKE Z » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:32 am

t-jacker wrote:
OgCalLook wrote:The single looks great - but damn does it ever thaw up there?
I guess you got June, July & Aug Smile

i hear ya...not sure how many more of these shitty ass winters i can take

You can Trade me For shitty ass Summers. It's supposed to reach 90 today. Smile
I'm a slave to my craft!
[url]www.zimmmetalworks.com[url]

Pigpen
What vasectomy?

Postby Pigpen » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:03 pm

Tell me about it..89 here yesterday..GJ summers are our springs...Must be nice..

OgCalLook

Postby OgCalLook » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:55 am

gonna be 68 today in Denver, not bad at all -
Jan thru March suck!
Tom

Mark

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:12 pm

Shawn, your single kicks ass! It was cool to get to see it in person. My wife wants one now! Only a little quieter, LOL =D> .
Mark

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:14 am

You guys meet up at a show yesterday? Did shawn bring the oval, or just the single?
Working on my fortress of solitude.... Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:25 am

john jones wrote:You guys meet up at a show yesterday? Did shawn bring the oval, or just the single?

Yeah, several of us ran into each other again at the MidAmerica Motorworks Funfest this weekend - Me, Shawn, and Detroit Johnny. Talked to a few other forum members as well...

Shawn was hard core, drove his single all the way to Effingham IL! I guess he left the oval at home.
Mark

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:09 am

Hard core.. Thats awesome.

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:23 am

put some good miles on the single cab this past weekend,no problems except for the front brakes.me, my buddy john fron chicago, detroit johnny, my son and wife all loaded up and went on the cruise, almost at the end the brakes locked up so bad i couldnt hardly pull out of 1st gear, but made it back. then on the way home right smack dab in the middle of chicago traffic all the stopping and going locked those bitches up again, pulled over for awhile and tinkered with it and it was fine.(i hate drum brakes!) thinking its the master.but other than the brakes that single cruises AWESOME!, with plenty of power. love driving it long distances, im thinking i need a little bit taller of a 4th gear but it will do for now. post some pics later this week, im a little burned out today. didnt get home till bout 11:00 last night.
the oval is taking back seat this summer to the single. im really diggin it! thanks kcw!
mark it was good seeing ya again man, 64 looks awesome,came to find ya again a little later but no one was around. till next time. johnny... good times man, good hanging with ya, im thinking were gonna have to hit up the mansfield show this summer. well finger something out.

bugboy696

Postby bugboy696 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:49 pm

t-jacker wrote:put some good miles on the single cab this past weekend,no problems except for the front brakes.me, my buddy john fron chicago, detroit johnny, my son and wife all loaded up and went on the cruise, almost at the end the brakes locked up so bad i couldnt hardly pull out of 1st gear, but made it back. then on the way home right smack dab in the middle of chicago traffic all the stopping and going locked those bitches up again, pulled over for awhile and tinkered with it and it was fine.(i hate drum brakes!) thinking its the master.but other than the brakes that single cruises AWESOME!, with plenty of power. love driving it long distances, im thinking i need a little bit taller of a 4th gear but it will do for now. post some pics later this week, im a little burned out today. didnt get home till bout 11:00 last night.
the oval is taking back seat this summer to the single. im really diggin it! thanks kcw!
mark it was good seeing ya again man, 64 looks awesome,came to find ya again a little later but no one was around. till next time. johnny... good times man, good hanging with ya, im thinking were gonna have to hit up the mansfield show this summer. well finger something out.

good chance your flexible lines are falling apart. Might look good on the outside but the insides are screwed and plugin it off so the pressure can't bleed off.
65 micro
69 beetle

ScottyG

Postby ScottyG » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:55 pm

bugboy696 wrote:Might look good on the outside but the insides are screwed and plugin it off so the pressure can't bleed off.

Yep. Mine did that and those hoses were definitely the problem. Assuming the adjustment isn't changing, change them first (if they weren't replaced hwen KCW worked it over). Cheapest first move.
59 DC Chiny Bus... but not too Chiny
59 SC Beater Bus
57 Beetle Aussie RHD
60 Beetle OG Survivor

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:11 pm

Wow Shawn, sorry to hear about the troubles on the poker run! I had to pull over too... Right rear started clickity clacking... Axle nut loosened up on me! Fortunately, club members had everything I needed to get it tightened back up.
Mark

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:45 pm

I don't think we changed your front brake stuff, it "looked" recently replaced..(but I would have to go look to be 100%) So I agree, change that first.. Could also be the brake pedal isn't returning all the way.. check that too..

I am glad you drove it!!!

DetroitJOHNNY

Postby DetroitJOHNNY » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:39 pm

This truck is the most bad-ass thing to see in person. What an awesome ride. I was AMAZED at how nicely it rides being as low as it is, great job guys!!! This thing flies too!!

t-jacker wrote: johnny... good times man, good hanging with ya, im thinking were gonna have to hit up the mansfield show this summer. well finger something out.

Thanks for all of the hospitality, I had one of the best times I have ever had at a show. Tell Polly that I could taste that garlic all the way home yesterday..... Smile 8-[ Smile I almost called you last night to see if you made it OK..... My guess on the brakes is the master cylinder. I guess we'll see....... :-k

It was a cool time, lots of cool people, great hanging out and camping. If anyone lives in the midwest this is the show to hit.

Did John get any of his pics uploaded yet? I am anxious to see the ones out in the field. I checked out his website and he does some REALLY NICE work. I'm impressed.

Anyway, when is the Mansfieled show? If you guys go I will DEFINITELY try to make it.

say "hi" to your wife, son and dogs for me!!! \:D/

johnny

hoodrat

Postby hoodrat » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:12 pm

the mansfield ohio show??????????august 29tish.....................at the prison.....................thats one show i know my car will make, seeing as its like five minutes from my house................likely you guys are talking about manfield somewhere else!!!!!!

Return to “KCW completed projects”