Shawns Single

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:28 am

GOTMAIL wrote:Shawn your truck is a runnin fool.. it moves out ...I really like it

i keep hearing that, and everytime it makes me wanna drive it more and more....dammit i wannna drive it!!!

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:30 am

jasonvw wrote:the snow pics of it in the clean shop with Johns bus look great. once you get some wheels for Bart, you can bring that thing home.

im with ya, i love that pic.
wheels for bart.....gonna try and get some today

john jones

Postby john jones » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:30 am

Your cars are gone Shawn. Enjoy...

Bart fired right up after sitting since last October...yeah!!! =D> The 8" sprint stars look good on it.. We hooked you up with some lime green fronts!!! Title to bart is in the glove box.

:-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

Jackasic

Postby Jackasic » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:35 am

that is such a cool single cab driver, exactly what I want some day.
All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty. - Proverbs 14:23

www.monergism.com

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 am

I will miss Bart. Sounds like KCW is running short on projects in the yard. Sorry guys, I will try to step up and fill the place with some new German Steel!!!! Here come the Kombis!!!!

Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:45 am

8" sprints tucked under the rear fenders... Too cool. =D>
Mark

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 am

john jones wrote:Your cars are gone Shawn. Enjoy...

Bart fired right up after sitting since last October...yeah!!! =D> The 8" sprint stars look good on it.. We hooked you up with some lime green fronts!!! Title to bart is in the glove box.

hell yeah!!!!
thanks very much for storing my shit for me as long as you did.those sprint stars really fill those wheel wells nice...love it, now i just gotta get two more fronts for bart.
diggin those lime greenies though maybe ill just roll em. \:D/
let ya know after i break er in.thank you john, franz, and george for building me another kick ass ride!!!!!!! hopefully another one next year.

OgCalLook

Postby OgCalLook » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:54 am

Shawn - you gotta be jonesin' to drive that sweet SC!!
post some pics when you get it
Tom

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:56 am

rustabus wrote:I will miss Bart. Sounds like KCW is running short on projects in the yard. Sorry guys, I will try to step up and fill the place with some new German Steel!!!! Here come the Kombis!!!!

cant wait to roll bart!!!
from the sounds of it you wont have a problem filling the void with some fresh german steel=D> lets see em

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:57 am

Mark wrote:8" sprints tucked under the rear fenders... Too cool. =D>

wahts up mark.... im loving those sprints myself.thanks
think bart will make it to effingham?

Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

t-jacker wrote:

Shawn... Bring whatever you can! I'm trying like crazy to bring two cars out to Effingham this year... If I can free up enough time to finish up the major project!

BTW - June 8th is our club's spring show... The weekend after Funfest.

http://harshwintersvw.com/smf/index.php?topic=2285.0
Mark

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:10 pm

OgCalLook wrote:Shawn - you gotta be jonesin' to drive that sweet SC!!
post some pics when you get it

jonesin fo sho....
you got it man ill post up some pics

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:16 pm

Mark wrote:
t-jacker wrote:

Shawn... Bring whatever you can! I'm trying like crazy to bring two cars out to Effingham this year... If I can free up enough time to finish up the major project!

BTW - June 8th is our club's spring show... The weekend after Funfest.

http://harshwintersvw.com/smf/index.php?topic=2285.0

i probably aint gonna make it to that one, i have been doing the long haul on the hot rod powertour for the past few years and this year it starts on june 7 in little rock ark. and ends on the 14th in madison...damn good time.but if something changes i will be there for sure.i had a great time at your show last year and we will be backfor that one this year.
thanks for the info.

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:20 am

just wanted to say thanks again for my single and bart...john, franz george. it always amazes me that you can look at pictures of something for so long and it still impresses you when you finally see it in person. well it happened again and i f'n love it!!!!! =D> and bart is one bad ass ride, that car has got some attitude....me and my son took it for a ride when it was about 20 degrees with no windsheild and we loved it. =D>
i had quite a hard time getting my rigs though, i was gonna drive the single and pull bart, but as soon as i started my single cab it pissed all the oil out of where the oil filter screws on all over lou's trailer. well i messed around with it for about 4 hours and got no where. 4 filters and 8 quarts later i gave up and left it sitting at the truck stop and came back and got it the next day. i have tried all kinds of shit and different filters and i cant run it at all without blowing the filter gasket or bulging the filter. so i have yet to drive my single cab or hear it run for that matter. i know that gene berg sells filters for full flow engines because of the high ass oil pressure at cold start up.but i have not gotten it yet to try it. is there some kind of pressure relief valve or something that would work?does any one out there know of ANYTHING i can do to solve this problem for it is really starting to irritate the shit out of me. any info would be AWESOME and greatly appreciated if someone knew anything to do about it.
thanks much.....shawn ](*,) ](*,)

john jones

Postby john jones » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:28 pm

Must still be cold where you are at...

You MUST run HP1 (high pressure)or equivalant.. and when you start it, DON't let it rev real high.. or it will BLOW the filter or seal.. Which is VERY hard with your engine.. it's a rappy bitch.. it wants to REV!!! We changed the oil to 30wt before it left.. cause it was fine starting it inside the shop, but if we started it outside.. with the 20/50 it blew the seal...

To start your bus.. as with any engine with webbers... Before you even turn the key,, pump it about 8 times.. Then get it going anf don't let it rev, and warm it up for awhile...

I have done and gone through what you are many many times.. I always let em warm up and never rev em right off the bat..
:-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

Return to “KCW completed projects”