Shawn's slammed oval

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:33 am

thanks guys!!
i love my oval and am also very glad i have ended up keeping it. i really have a hard time parting with my rides...obviously. to be honest ever since i got my single cab and bus i have not been driving it to much, which is why it still looks so fresh it probably has about ten thousand miles since the build but most was within the first year or two of owning it. it does make it out a handful of times a year for cruises and couple shows...
thanks again!
john i did sell the 64 to my bro but still have the single cab. lots of KCW love in the garage!! Smile

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:35 am

DandK 56' wrote:Beauty car!! Ill post a Pic tonight, but we have perfectly matching dogs! Crazy..

crazy...they always seem to end up in half of my pics.
would love to see a pic of the hound!

DetroitJOHNNY

Postby DetroitJOHNNY » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:59 am

looking great!

t-jacker

Re: Shawn's slammed oval

Postby t-jacker » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:04 pm

Whats up ya'll.. figured i post few pics up, been awhile. pulled the oval out the other weekend took it on a 350 mile road trip with the crew from dubs in the valley. not a single problem all weekend. was 95 and humid as heel to! =D> even took home best aircooled. the old man doesn't see the road as much as it should but it still gets around here and there.

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:08 pm

did this too...not too shabby.

Bret

Postby Bret » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:14 pm

Glad to see pictures of this thing. Still probably one of my top 5 KCW bug builds. Just something about that paint color that is killer.

Kinda makes you scratch your head at times and wonder where a bunch of the KCW build cars are at these days. Lot of threads go dormant once the build is over, so its need to see the person that had it built at KCW still has it and is enjoying it!

john jones

Postby john jones » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:06 am

Shawns Oval was ridiculously clean!!! What a nice car!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Working on my fortress of solitude.... Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:46 pm

That photo with the Bug Bike and Betty is Awesome!!!!!!! =D> =D> =D>

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:48 pm

Bret wrote:Glad to see pictures of this thing. Still probably one of my top 5 KCW bug builds. Just something about that paint color that is killer.

Kinda makes you scratch your head at times and wonder where a bunch of the KCW build cars are at these days. Lot of threads go dormant once the build is over, so its need to see the person that had it built at KCW still has it and is enjoying it!

thanks much! yeah ive gotten many many compliments on the color of that car.. very vintage looking color.. nailed it! definetly enjoying my shit daily..well 6 months a year anyway. fukn frozen tundra n shit. ](*,)

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:51 pm

john jones wrote:Shawns Oval was ridiculously clean!!! What a nice car!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

whats shaking john..yeah that oval started out pretty cherry. don't see em like that too much. thanks much! ill let the guys know that built it know you said so. =D> boy do i need a few more horses t push it along though. ](*,)

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:53 pm

rustabus wrote:That photo with the Bug Bike and Betty is Awesome!!!!!!! =D> =D> =D>

much appreciated! i must agree, good combo for sure. i just noticed when i looked at it again that when i mirrored the image it made the oval right hand drive. \:D/ funny

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:31 pm

sup ya'll
just throwing this out there..been really wanting to get a lowlight for awhile now. anyone interested in working out a trade up or down for my oval? [-o< still a damn clean car...hate to consider letting it go but i cant seem to shake wanting to get into another ghia and figured i would put it out there on here first. maybe classified section would be a better place for this,i might start a thread over there. john you still have the 58?
thanks much!

K Leake

Postby K Leake » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:48 pm

That's a beautiful oval O:) I go through the same thing with my oval , don't drive it much. Start thinking I should sale it . You will wish you had it if you do let it go . O:)
Kevin

PeteSC

Postby PeteSC » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:24 pm

The KCW '59 "Emily's Ghia" was back up for sale recently, listed for $37.5k!!!! (helluva price for that car) on TS.....may be worth reaching out to new owner?

Your oval is damn nice.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5216&start=1335
Meh.

t-jacker

Postby t-jacker » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:47 pm

thanks guys! i will miss it for sure.
yeah i actually checked that one out a week or so ago. it sold. i believe it was listed on oldbug too and they sold it off of that site.

sure you dont want an oval? ill even deliver it! [-o<

Return to “KCW completed projects”