*DEATH*

Anvil
Official judge of posts

Postby Anvil » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:12 pm

Franz wrote:You guys are making too much out of that death car. I'm a little embarrassed....I'm not some top-notch builder or anything like that. Its just a bare metal Volkswagen. Its not even close to being a perfect car...I was just fucking around with my free time. Almost anyone could build that car. Please don't put me on a pedestal.

I'm not sure what to say. I guess I should say thank you. I'm glad you guys like the car, and I'm glad that it found a good home.

That post is gay.

Sometimes the hardest part is just conceiving the idea of it. To be able to do that and then make it in the flesh makes you a rare breed. Lots of folks have pieces of the package. Very few possess the whole package. You do.

Are you fishing for compliments or what?
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -- H. L. Mencken

SantaCruz72

Postby SantaCruz72 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Anvil wrote:
Mrs. Muhr wrote:I remember when Franz and I first started dating and he spent every waking minute working on DEATH. At the time I had two jobs working from 8am till midnight on weekdays and 2:00 am on weekends, so I didn't notice either way, not to mention I was not the nagging girlfriend who needed his attention 24/7. But I wondered to myself why in the world would you build something that's not very practical.

I remember going to the Bo Huff show one year and remembering how Weston wanted to ride shotgun (does that word work for where the driver seat should be?) when we pulled into te show. I replied with a NO, I'm his babies mama (a few months pregnant at the time). We pulled into the show and automatically the crowd came running if not hurling themselves over to the car. Later that night there was an award show and we left with nothing. I decided that night those guys were a bunch of chumps with no taste. We've never been back to that show.

A few months later we traveled to Denver. I was about 5 months pregnant then. I rode in that son of a bitch ALL the way there (hence the caption in HotRod magazine: your girlfriend is a keeper Franz). At that car show Franz did receive a reward and I remember the smile he had on his face and how proud I was of him. It finally hit me that day. I think I was more excited than he was. This car he poured his blood, sweat and tears into got the recognition it deserved (FU Bo Huff). Not to mention the article in HotRod magazine and so on. I will never forget the drive home. It was cold and raining, but I never opted for a car with windows.

I remember when Franz decided to sell DEATH. A part of me was glad, just because of the baby on the way, but a part of me sad, I never like to see Franz sell a car that he worked so hard on. But as we all know he sold it. To me NO ONE will ever be able to build a car in comparison. I know that's not saying much from a woman who knows nothing about cars, and he's my husband, but I don't think you will find one person who dislikes that car. And if you do, they are gay.

I guess what I'm trying to say is no matter how much your girlfriends/wives complain about your obsession with your cars, we support you every step of the way and we are very proud of you. I've come to learn that this is a huge part of my husbands life and if I don't support it, we will never make it. I know how much the Barndoor means to him and I support him working all day and night to make it happen. I know this bus will put him on the map again. Because if it's one thing I know, Franz is damn skilled and he always gives 100% on everything he does. I love you Franz!
Damn, I'm getting all teary eyed and shit.

That's a nice post.

I better show this to my wife! O:)
If I wanted a salad, I would have ordered one!!!

jansjetta

Postby jansjetta » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:50 pm

To me, Death is THE definition of the Volksrod genre, period, end of story. You are a master fabricator Franz, and a great car builder. All you guys at KCW are, that's why we're lucky you build our cars, and why we're on here every day. Deal with the fame bro, you've earned it.

john jones

Postby john jones » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:16 pm

Nice post Melissa... Rarely does a man get to hear that side from his wife.. Maybe it takes time to actually see the positives of such an intense build.. :-k
if you keep going in circles.. Your never gonna get anywhere :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

luftkraft

Postby luftkraft » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 pm

Yeah I agree.... take it Franz, you have earned it. And you're responding just as I would expect you to. like a seasoned veteran, no big deal, this is just the way you do things......it's who you are Smile
-nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway

Woody
yo mama

Postby Woody » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:33 pm

DaKine wrote:Damn, there's some good posts there^^

You feelin' the love franz?

LOPHAT wrote:Death was and will forever be in a class all by itself. There will forever be ridiculously sectioned/slammed dubs made, but all (whether previously made or those to come in the future) will fall short IMO.

The talent, the guts, the friggin stones it took to make that car what it is just can't be matched.

Say all you want to, if that friggin car rolls into a Vw show anywhere...it's shuttin shit down!

=D> =D> =D>

Id buy a fuckin poster of that pic, and the caption would read "Bleaker builds a Volksrod" Smile You know I love ya buddy Smile
Cheese

Heinz Willie

Postby Heinz Willie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:12 pm

Still a heart stopping piece of work. The riddler of the VW world.

VGMutah

Postby VGMutah » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:23 am

Amen!
I have a new positive out-look on life!
Which is probably doomed to failure...

Dirtylawnchair

Postby Dirtylawnchair » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:50 am

Heinz Willie wrote:Still a heart stopping piece of work. The riddler of the VW world.

That car is a perfectly written resume....
Pigpen wrote:No babies have died in my bus, so it must be working.

Paulie

jeremy

Postby jeremy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:03 am

Franz wrote:You guys are making too much out of that death car. I'm a little embarrassed....I'm not some top-notch builder or anything like that. Its just a bare metal Volkswagen. Its not even close to being a perfect car...I was just fucking around with my free time. Almost anyone could build that car. Please don't put me on a pedestal.

I'm not sure what to say. I guess I should say thank you. I'm glad you guys like the car, and I'm glad that it found a good home.

I'm with Franz on this one. It's only a car. Anyone with a tape measure, cut off wheel and a welding machine could have made something similiar.

LOPHAT

Postby LOPHAT » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:18 pm

jeremy wrote:

I'm with Franz on this one. It's only a car. Anyone with a tape measure, cut off wheel and a welding machine could have made something similiar.

I can't agree with that statement. I've been fooling with cars seriously since the early ninetys and I nor alot of builders I know couldn't have pulled it off.

Franz is just a humble dude that can't see what he built...when you stand close to something monumental you can't fathom it's magnificence.

Well suckas from waaaaaaay over here in Canada land you built something majestic...inflate your chest.

I am a pretty hardcore guy that hates alot of stuff. It takes slot to make me say "what! Damn...you see that right there..."

Although I'm stockpiling parts and people may count me out...don't. It just needs to be majestic...no half stepping...fifth gear looking for sixth, or it stays in the garage till I can pull it off. I'm only aiming for a finished pan this year and shits still out getting chromed.

I want to one day own this car...I love it that much...im saving my cereal box tops as we speak. :)
Pants on the ground, pants on the ground...lookin like a FOOL with your pants on the ground. Hat turned sideways gold in your mouth...

Anvil
Official judge of posts

Postby Anvil » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:34 pm

jeremy wrote:

This post is even more gay than Franz's....and so stupid I'm going to assume it's a joke and I just didn't get it.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -- H. L. Mencken

Anvil
Official judge of posts

Postby Anvil » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:35 pm

LOPHAT wrote:
jeremy wrote:

I can't agree with that statement. I've been fooling with cars seriously since the early ninetys and I nor alot of builders I know couldn't have pulled it off.

Franz is just a humble dude that can't see what he built...when you stand close to something monumental you can't fathom it's magnificence.

Well suckas from waaaaaaay over here in Canada land you built something majestic...inflate your chest.

I am a pretty hardcore guy that hates alot of stuff. It takes slot to make me say "what! Damn...you see that right there..."

Although I'm stockpiling parts and people may count me out...don't. It just needs to be majestic...no half stepping...fifth gear looking for sixth, or it stays in the garage till I can pull it off. I'm only aiming for a finished pan this year and shits still out getting chromed.

I want to one day own this car...I love it that much...im saving my cereal box tops as we speak. :)
This post is cool as fuck. And yes, I am now the official judge of posts on KCW.

hoodrat

Postby hoodrat » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:47 pm

I wish death would get out of the current posts. Everyone I see it get a slight tingle hoping to find a classified for it as the latest post. When I see the pics it makes me want to call on the"jungle bug" for sale at the Taj magarage, so I can go have an excuse to make an offer on death.......

Woody
yo mama

Postby Woody » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:56 pm

hoodrat wrote:I wish death would get out of the current posts. Everyone I see it get a slight tingle hoping to find a classified for it as the latest post. When I see the pics it makes me want to call on the"jungle bug" for sale at the Taj magarage, so I can go have an excuse to make an offer on death.......

Huh? Can you translate that ?
Cheese

Return to “KCW completed projects”