Home Forums KCW Completed Projects 66 deluxe megahatch

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 481 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Whoo hoo! Franz is gonna have a bad ass camper real soon!

Franz
    Participant

Doug finished the top. Heck yes!

The sunbrella canvas was tough to stretch all wrinkles out of…not a very soft or flexible material. Plygrip strips were nailed into the wood to pull the headliner opening to. Looks simple, and I like how the green is glowing from the inside out.

I got some spraypoly down last night. My parts look excellent. I spent the time sanding bondo so that I wouldn’t have to mess with the primer. A “quick” da job and I’m in the booth. About to paint! Feeling like a badass this morning. Getting through this blasted-bare metal bus resto. I did that!

Dumb Brazilian decklid that looks like 58 with 66-67 latch. It came on the bus, I reused it.

Jdawg
    Participant

Legit….so f’n legit!

ColeB

Smooth

Franz
    Participant

Still sanding. I’m so tired.

Andym
    Participant

Shit man your ready to roll when you get those parts painted, rest of the bus is built.

Franz
    Participant

Yeeah

Volksman
    Participant

I’ve said something similar before, but I love seeing people build their own projects because it gets me fired up and excited about my own. I realize I’m not anywhere close to the skillset Franz has, however, it is the excitement of knowing things like this are possible. Amazing job so far!

I freaking love this bus!

Willy

Just keep sanding, just keep sanding ?

Jb
    Participant

Fuck ya buddy!!!!! ???crank the tunes and get this build behind u?????U killed it on style points on your rig, she’s got some serious soul!!

Franz
    Participant

I feel like the last one at the party dancing alone. One more cargo door to go…then onto backsides.

Franz
    Participant

Just keep sanding, just keep sanding ?

I knew you were young…but I didn’t know that you’re still watching Disney movies.

66beater
    Participant

?? cleaver Rusty. Wow this is turning out suuuuper nice!!!! I wish I could go back over the whole build thread again.

us after hours hackshows just trying to “keep up with the Jones’s”

Franz
    Participant

The old build thread got lost with the old forums. 😥 Not much to see though. My bro Johnny traded me a 1966 13 window turd. It was rusty and dented, with an aging amateur restoration. I also hated the dark green metallic paint, in my mind it justified complete disassembly and paint strip job.

I decided that a 66 13 window is one of the most common late model buses, and that I should cut and customize it to build a cool camper. Nothing to loose. The value (or lack of) is of little thought to me. This bus is going to be used by my family for a long time.

Here is the old gallery.

https://kustomcoachwerks.com/gallery/?folder=type-2/66-deluxe-camper/&perpage=24&gallerypage=2

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Franz.
    66beater
    Participant

Oh hell yeah!!!!! Thanks Franz!

us after hours hackshows just trying to “keep up with the Jones’s”

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 481 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.