Home Forums KCW Completed Projects 66 deluxe megahatch

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 481 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The hitch kicked my ass. Spent ALLLL day on it.

I went with a 2″ receiver, it barely fits behind the bumper. Plan is to install a 1up rack to haul bikes.
    DSC00833

Tips down to access the engine bay and hatch.IMG_20150405_150819

BBWB
    Participant

Looks good Franz. I want to do a rack for my bike off the receiver hitch too.

I'm at the age where "fuck off", "fuck you", and "fuck it" answer most questions.

John Jones

ultimate camper!!!!!!

Been a wild ride, but it got me here 😎

Franz
    Participant

Did you buy a bracket kit to modify or are you going to fab something up? I’m sure time will tell. Keep on it.

I bought the vanagon/bay window bracket kit they had available. All I had to do was trim it down a little to get it closer to the gutter and clear the windows. I also welded a support bar to roof mounting provisions. I don’t think it would be sturdy enough without. The unit is heavy 75lbs plus.

DSC00843DSC00841

Speshel k
    Participant

Nice bike Franz!

Peet
    Participant

The most detailed bus evvvvvvveeeeerrr

John Jones

bumpers getting as much love as the rest of the bus…. 😎

DSCF6208DSCF6210

Andym
    Participant

Show bus!!! Franz you got some good self control for not driving your bus home and around until your done with it. Looks good man.

Franz
    Participant

Painted the bumpers 40% flat black to pay homage to the original 80’s build. 😎

DSC00906

BBWB
    Participant

That should look good! Can’t wait to see this one on the road. Moab? Can’t make this round, got “on call” that weekend. Couldn’t trade out this time.

I'm at the age where "fuck off", "fuck you", and "fuck it" answer most questions.

John Jones

Silver white today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hubcap
    Participant

Nice work with the brackets, theres always a way in this ‘One size fits None’ world!

Fiamma stuff is great, and i nearly fitted one on my bus, but in the end I went the opposite direction and fitted the repro-Westy tent to my bus.  I reckon it weights the same at least, takes 3 times as long to set up, the poles are always in the way and its no way water proof (yet)  On the plus side it looks good!

Have a great day

IMG_5609

Franz
    Participant

Trying to fit in the early decklid club.
    DSC00918DSC00915

68tintop
    Participant

Yo franz your bus looks great and those bumpers are going to look awesome. I left you a game change by your computer monitor. Cruise in that Badass Bus Bro???

Willy

What a difference having some glass in makes in making the bus feel complete!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 481 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.