Home Forums KCW Completed Projects 66 deluxe megahatch

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 481 total)
  • Author

Headliner is amazing!!! tight as a drum… REALLY!!! πŸ˜‰

Been a wild ride, but it got me here 😎

sled
    Participant

Hey Franz, haven’t posted in forever and I guess my old account got wiped in the site-crash so I had to make a new one. Β Just wanted to say this is one of the raddest buses to be built in quite some time! Β I hope Ill get to check it out on the road some day, somewhere down the line.

Franz
    Participant

Thanks dude. Good looking bit in Hot VWs this month with your 52  😎

sled
    Participant

Thanks! I think Chadly might shoot a full feature on it this spring/summer, its not perfect by any means, but quite original. Β she’s a 51Β  πŸ˜‰

John Jones

MostAnticipatedBuildatKCW πŸ˜‰Β  we should do a legit sick ass camping photo shoot in this rig before it gets any miles on it… πŸ˜€Β  πŸ˜€Β  πŸ˜€ out at Rabbit Valley or Cactus park… πŸ˜€Β  πŸ˜€

66beater
    Participant

That sounds bad ass! Load up some bikes, open the big ass hatch with a camp fire going and the neon lights glowing… Gucci?

us after hours hackshows just trying to β€œkeep up with the Jones’s”

Wren
    Participant

Lets see some pictures of this thing done!

Andym
    Participant

Money for sure!!! Nice franz!

John Jones

Bus has all it’s lids and doors on it!!!!!!Β  damn we are getting close now!Β Β  πŸ˜€

Franz
    Participant

Yep. Fit decent too. The driver’s door needs a little love, Its has a huge gap at the back. The hinges were worn and cracked…I fixed all of that while it was in metal. Which was the original cause of the issue….but someone had bent the hinges to compensate for the problems…Now the bent hinge is the problem pulling it forward. I just have to pop it off and bend it back.

I should have fit all the parts to the bus in metal or primer….but I didn’t.

Originally I had planned to two tone the backside of the door turkis. But decided against it for a couple reasons. 1- I was afraid the turkis would be visible through the door gaps. 2- The window frames are all going to be white. 3- The white will glow better under the LED lights. Also decided not to install headliner on the cargo doors because the canvas is not very pliable. It would wrinkle and make pop-out seal install near impossible. The doors definitely provide some interior contrast.

I also spent a minute yesterday tearing down a old RV stove/oven that I pan to make a cabinet to fit. Cookin cookies but I’m not your damn granny.

Β 

BBWB
    Participant

Looks all business Franz. Do you think the socket trick between the hinges would pull the door back?

I'm at the age where "fuck off", "fuck you", and "fuck it" answer most questions.

John Jones

I think the socket trick will help for sure.. I took he hinge off today and hit it around a little bit… 😎  He’s beeing getting all his OG door handles and mech’s together for this rig!!!!Β  window frames coming up too!!!!!!!!

DSCF5904DSCF5905

John Jones

DSCF5913

Putting doors together!!!!! rods!!!!! mech;s etc…

mtnbus
    Participant

oh yea Franz ! way to go man

that thing is so sick

Rustabus
    Participant

Go Franz Go!!!!!!!!:)

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 481 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.